View Full Version : Copy icons (*.ico,*.icl) from PC to pocket PC?

NewKreation
11-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I've tried to copy icons from my PC to my pocketPC in both .icl format as well as .ico format.

They seem to copy fine. However, that is not the problem.

I would like to change some of the file association icons.

The problem is that when I change the registry using either a registry editor or PocketTweak the pocket PC does not recognize any of the transfered icons. I can change icons all day using the icons that are installed on my pocket PC. I want some new, fresh, fun icons!

Has anyone been successfull at this? :D

Kati Compton
11-29-2002, 11:52 PM
I've tried to copy icons from my PC to my pocketPC in both .icl format as well as .ico format.

They seem to copy fine. However, that is not the problem.

I would like to change some of the file association icons.

The problem is that when I change the registry using either a registry editor or PocketTweak the pocket PC does not recognize any of the transfered icons. I can change icons all day using the icons that are installed on my pocket PC. I want some new, fresh, fun icons!

Has anyone been successfull at this? :D

This may be a dumb answer, but you could try a soft reset to see if it would then switch the icon images to what was referred to by the registry. If the problem is that your changes in the registry weren't actually being reflected. This is only a guess, though.

NewKreation
11-30-2002, 01:28 AM
Thanks, but I have tried a soft reset.

I did notice that when I use an icon that was installed by a program or part of ROM, the change is reflected immediately.

I'm gonna try this question at a developers forum. Somehow they are able to associate new icons with their installation.