View Full Version : Hey Ed, how about this?

Fishie
11-27-2002, 07:47 PM
As you might have noticed on this forum, a lot of euro people would like to buy the Dell, Dell doesnt take orders from Europe yet tough and when they finnaly do the machines will be a lot more expensive.
Now for me that isnt a problem as I have plenty of contacts in the US who can get me whatever I want and then forward the stuff to me, mos people over here however dont have that luxury.
So I was thinking, since there seems to be sufficient demand why dont you or someone affiliated with this site buy a bunch of machines and sell them with a little profit to europeans who want one?
That way it would be worth youre while for the effort and the euro peeps who want one can get the machines before theyre out over here and slightly cheaper then the price they will likely cost over here.
Or would that get you in anny sort of trouble?

just throwing an idea around.

Ed Hansberry
11-27-2002, 09:59 PM
The amount of forms that we'd have to fill out, the warranty issues that would invariably come up and have to run back through me (as the rightful buyer since they likely wouldn't take your overseas registration) would be a nightmare.

Be patient. Dell and HP will get there soon enough when they have the volumes.

Fishie
11-27-2002, 10:45 PM
I love gadgets and as such have no patience whatsoever.
Mind you like mentioned before I can get stuff trough friends in the US so I was asking on behalf of those who can not.