View Full Version : Bluetooth browsing via local LAN

inkfox
11-26-2002, 11:44 PM
I've got an iPAQ 3975 and the Belkin Bluetooth adapter with the included Widcomm software under Windows XP Professional.

I can peer, transfer files and establish a serial connection, but I'm at a loss as to how to get the network sharing working.

The iPAQ Bluetooth supplement suggests "Set as Internet LAN Connection" should be available from the Bluetooth Manager 'Actions' menu when viewing the host PC. This option is absent.

There is a "Connect to Network Access" option, however each time I select that, a "BT Network Access" dialog says "Status: User Authenticated," but internet access still doesn't work.

Any tips on what I'm missing? Or is the Belkin/Widcomm combination enough to get internet access?

Trokair
11-27-2002, 02:11 AM
I'm having the same problems myself, except with an iPAQ 3670 with a SocketCom Bluetooth CF Card. I'm planning on getting a 3970 for Christmas, and this problem with LAN browsing has me worried somewhat.

-Kyle

inkfox
11-27-2002, 02:25 AM
I'm having the same problems myself, except with an iPAQ 3670 with a SocketCom Bluetooth CF Card. I'm planning on getting a 3970 for Christmas, and this problem with LAN browsing has me worried somewhat.

The problem turns out to be that Windows needs connection sharing enabled *and* it needs the bluetooth adapter to be able to have 192.168.0.1 as its own address.

Since I had 192.168.0.1 as my internal firewall machine address, that's no good.

I moved my machines (seven of them - grr!) over to the 10.0.0.0/8 network, reenabled connection sharing, and I'm flying now.

Ping me if you continue to have problems. I'll help as best I can.