View Full Version : Rebate Ends January 19th 03'

Mullet
11-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Forgive me if this is old news. Here is a portion of the rebate details from the Dell website:

Terms and Conditions
Dell Home Systems Mail-In Rebate offer valid only with eligible new U.S. Dell Home Handhelds ordered between November 15th, 2002 and January 19th, 2003, 11PM CT. While supplies last and no substitutions or rainchecks. Offer may be combinable with all other offers or discounts available from Dell Home Systems Co. Not valid for refurbished products purchased through Dell Outlet. Request form must be fully completed and must include a copy of dated packing slip for purchase made direct from Dell for qualifying product purchased. Keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Dell and will not be returned. One rebate per qualifying purchase. Dell is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail. Request must be postmarked within 30 calendar days of system ship date. Any claims postmarked after 30 days of system ship date will not be eligible or processed. If terms and conditions are not met, rebate will not be sent. Please allow 8-10 weeks for receipt of check. Rebate checks are void if not cashed within 90 days of issuance and cannot be reissued. To qualify for this rebate you must be a legal U.S. resident 18 years of age or older. The description of Dell mail-in rebate offer must appear on the Dell packing slip. Only actual purchaser of the qualifying products may participate in this rebate program. Requests from group or organizations will not be honored. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Availability and terms of offer may change without notice.

Additionally, it said as much on an advertisement at Zdnet.

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Well, this is where I go into "having followed this I know a lot about it which in turn means I know nothing" mode.

Dell has always said they might stop offering the rebate if demand was high enough for the product. Now they gave the impression this meant "some time in the distant future" but they never said as much.

Now, faced with the fact that the Axim is apparently already 4+ weeks backordered it is very possible that Dell could be thinking of discontinuing the rebate program now. BUT at the same time, Jan. '03 has always been the date that the original rebate offer was to expire, it was simply believed that Dell would renew it.

So, see, you just read through 2 1/2 paragraphs and don't know any more than when you started :D