View Full Version : dell customer service

kime
11-26-2002, 02:45 AM
hello! :) first time posting here..i bought the axim x5 400mhz last nite around 10:45 ct and used my visa check card....and to my surprise, i just got an e-mail from dell saying that it is in transit with the carrier..this is just outstanding!!! kudos to dell!! :D

Rirath
11-26-2002, 03:27 AM
Sorry, but it can't be. What you got shipped is probably some invoice like sheet of paper. I got one too, in fact it just arrived in the mail today. No idea what it's for... just says $0.00 on it. 8O Weird... Anyway, check your order status on your account page. You'll probably see two items. One's the invoice like paper, the other is the Dell.

Then again I could be wrong, in which case I hate/envy you. :wink:

kime
11-26-2002, 05:05 AM
this is the info that i got from the order status..

Where is My Order?

Delivery Estimate: November 27 - November 29

Status as of Monday, November 25, 2002 10:09:43 PM Central Time

1. Order Processing: Sunday, November 24, 2002

2. Pre-production: Sunday, November 24, 2002

3. In Production: Sunday, November 24, 2002
a. Kitting
b. Build
c. Testing
d. Boxing

4. Shipping Prep: Sunday, November 24, 2002

5. Ship Date: Sunday, November 24, 2002
Your estimated delivery date can be up to 5 additional business days based on shipping method chosen at time of order.
Congratulations on your new purchase and...

Thank you for purchasing Dell!

is this true?

TIA!

Rirath
11-26-2002, 05:13 AM
Hard to say... above all that, below the order number, does it say something like "AXIM X5,400MHZ,XS,3.5 QVGA,48/64 MB,ENG"? If so, you're extremely lucky or all of us are viewing out of date info. You could probably call up Dell and find out for sure. There were rumors of it shipping on the 25th, but everyone else's order status still says it won't ship until at the 5th of December or so, even the first day orders.

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 05:14 AM
5. Ship Date: Sunday, November 24, 2002
Your estimated delivery date can be up to 5 additional business days based on shipping method chosen at time of order.
Congratulations on your new purchase and...

Thank you for purchasing Dell!

is this true?

I so envy you. The only thing I see on there that probably isn't true is actually shipping on a Sunday. My guess it was today that it actually went out if what you're seeing is basically correct.

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 05:17 AM
1. Order Processing: Sunday, November 24, 2002

Hmm... It just sunk in that you ordered 5 days *after* I did, and yours has in theory shipped. Did you actually place your order on Sunday? Where (roughly - please don't feel pressured to post more info than you're comfortable with) are you located? Did you order through Dell Home or Dell Business?

Rirath
11-26-2002, 05:21 AM
I'm hoping that being a new order Kime has more up to date info than us. Our Dells could be on the way right now, and the pages just not updated. Or perhaps, merely updated to in production. I can dream, can't I?

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 05:22 AM
I'm hoping that being a new order Kime has more up to date info than us. Our Dells could be on the way right now, and the pages just not updated. Or perhaps, merely updated to in production. I can dream, can't I?

Or it's the particular model of Axim that's different. Or there's a run on cradles. Hard to say. I may call tomorrow and say that someone else who ordered after me has had theirs shipped, and see what happens. :)

kime
11-26-2002, 05:43 AM
i read something in the order status regarding dells "learn more about how your dell system is built" link...the first step is order processing:
"Your order is first processed for release to the manufacturing floor. Release is generally dependent upon approval of your designated form of payment.
Once payment is confirmed, your order will be released for production."

i paid with my check card and it's like paying in cash..in fact i checked my account the following morning after buying online and they already got the money! so i guess it depends on your "payment option"...they can't charge you unless they start shipping it. hope this helps! later.. :)

Rirath
11-26-2002, 05:59 AM
i paid with my check card and it's like paying in cash..in fact i checked my account the following morning after buying online and they already got the money! so i guess it depends on your "payment option"...they can't charge you unless they start shipping it. hope this helps! later..

Hmm... check cards usually take several days to show a purchase. I don't see how you could tell by the next day. Honestly, I'm getting rather skeptical of this thread. No offense intended, but it's a little questionable eh? It's just a little hard to swallow that an order on the 24th would be shipped the very next night in front of several hundred other orders. If it's true though, Dell's got some explaining to do pronto. Here's hoping it's a omen of good things to come. Maybe we'll know by tomorrow.

kime
11-26-2002, 06:12 AM
well, you just gotta have to take my word for it...btw, i bank online that's why i got the account summary that instant. i also purchased it from dell home and i live in northwest houston, tx. about2 hrs. away from dell austin...i don't need to explain anything m not even sure if it's really "in transit with courier" i'll keep u guys posted..

Rirath
11-26-2002, 06:16 AM
For the record, I used a check card as well and also bank online. I've just never heard of a bank that doesn't take a few days to reflect recent purchases unless you're buying directly at like a grocery store with a card swipe and PIN code. Like I said, hopefully it's a good sign.

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 06:22 AM
i'll keep u guys posted..

Please do! :)

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 06:23 AM
I doubt Kime is lying or anything.

I've had orders where Dell listed it as shipped (or cancelled) when in actuality it wasn't. That being said, and I know this will break your heart, but I doubt your PDA has been shipped :(

kime
11-26-2002, 06:34 AM
i don't know man..all i know is that my account was deducted the day after and they sent me an e-mail from "Dell Order Watch" saying that "Your Dell order #167...... has shipped" then when i clicked "click here" for information about delivery status, tracking & carrier..it showed me "In transit"..i really have no idea. m just sharing what's at hand..if i get it at the said date of nov. 27-29 then i was right! if not, then you were right! :) i'll send pics!

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 07:15 AM
i don't know man..all i know is that my account was deducted the day after and they sent me an e-mail from "Dell Order Watch" saying that "Your Dell order #167...... has shipped" then when i clicked "click here" for information about delivery status, tracking & carrier..it showed me "In transit"..i really have no idea. m just sharing what's at hand..if i get it at the said date of nov. 27-29 then i was right! if not, then you were right! :) i'll send pics!

Well, just a piece of (should have been delivered earlier) advice, I'd call Dell. I can honestly say, short of a miracle, there is no way your order shipped the same day it was ordered. Which means you are getting a computer glitch.

The problem is that if you're order is lost in their system, you aren't in the actual order queue which means, when they figure it out, being the item is high demand they may just put you back in at the end which if I'm hearing right would mean you wouldn't get it until sometime in January.

Bottom line: Couldn't hurt to call an actual person and verify

Rirath
11-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Well, just a piece of (should have been delivered earlier) advice, I'd call Dell.

I did say that awhile ago. :wink: Kime, we're rooting for ya. Several of us have suffered blunders at the hands of Dell over this, I'd hate to see it happen again. In fact, you may be the only person yet to have a glitch in a good way if they really shipped one out so soon. (Assuming that's possible and they even have a batch on hand) Let us know please. :)

They may not be able to charge you until it ships, but tell that to the Dell sales rep who put a $337 authorization on my card for an order I didn't place and then denied all knowledge of it. Someone in Customer Service found and canceled it two days later after repeated callings. There's several more stories like this on the official Axim forums at Dell. In short, I'd take any info given by the reps with a little doubt as well. :?

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 08:23 AM
FYI - I was just browsing the Dell PDA message boards, and a number of people said that they had a confirmation of shipping the same day they placed the order (if they ordered online), but it's just that there's something screwy with the way Dell's online order system has been working - it's an empty shipment ($0), and if they looked up their purchase using the Multiple Order tracking instead of Single Order, they saw that the real PDA was not yet shipped...

Just thought I'd throw that out. But I hope Kime's has shipped. Because then I can call Dell and complain that mine's not shipped yet. :)

kime
11-26-2002, 01:47 PM
appreciate it! y'all might be right..i'll call them to verify and also try the multiple tracking..thanks everybody! :D

kime
11-26-2002, 02:03 PM
thanks for all the input guys! i just checked the multiple order status and they said that it's in pre-production..now why did they charge me already? that's not good! :x but that's alright :) ..anyways, it's expected between dec. 23-25..merry x'mas!! :D sorry for the confusion! :wink:

Rirath
11-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Sorry for the downer Kime.

Kati Compton
11-26-2002, 04:22 PM
thanks for all the input guys! i just checked the multiple order status and they said that it's in pre-production..now why did they charge me already? that's not good! :x but that's alright :) ..anyways, it's expected between dec. 23-25..merry x'mas!! :D sorry for the confusion! :wink:

:( Sorry it hasn't shipped.

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 07:07 PM
Many condolences Kime...I'm on the phone with Dell right now trying to find out about mine (very confusing story that I'll be sure to share once there's an end to it).

One thing to maybe lift your spirits a little, according to my records (I document these kind of things) of the 79 orders I've placed with Dell in the last year, 71 one of them have shipped atleast 2 days before the scheduled date.

Now, this is a new product in high demand, but its still hope.

Cary
11-26-2002, 08:33 PM
My Canadian order also says it's ready for shipping:

Your order has completed shipping preparation and should be picked up by the carrier on the ship date 11/26/2002.
The estimated delivery day for your order is between 11/28/2002 and 12/2/2002

I clicked View Shipping Detail and it says that the order is being prepared for shipping but hasn't yet been shipped from Dell manufacturing. So maybe they're not that far off. A whole bunch of us at Brighthand are seeing the same thing. Again this is from the Canadian site ...

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=410423#post410423

kime
11-26-2002, 09:14 PM
thanks guys! it's all good! no problem...now where can i get some useful info and stuff to set-up my PDA?..remember this is my first PDA..TIA! :)

ThomasC22
11-26-2002, 09:21 PM
thanks guys! it's all good! no problem...now where can i get some useful info and stuff to set-up my PDA?..remember this is my first PDA..TIA! :)

...I'm going to die on the phone......I'm going to die on the phone......I'm going to die on the phone......I'm going to die on the phone......I'm going to die on the phone.....oh wait, I'm sorry, you asked a question. I was little out of it there... :D

Anyway, message boards are usually the best place believe it or not, other than that I strongly suggest getting Wisbar and Dashboard (http://www.snoopsoft.com/dashboard/index.html) as they really add a lot. Also try handango (www.handango.com), they have great free demos of games (Chopper Alley is pretty but boring, Turjah I is the greatest PPC game ever, and Turjah II is pretty but hard to control).

I also suggest you check out PocketThemes.com (www.pocketthemes.com), some great themes there (and maybe WebMcDeb (www.mcdeb.com) too since I like hers the most).

Rirath
11-26-2002, 09:44 PM
thanks guys! it's all good! no problem...now where can i get some useful info and stuff to set-up my PDA?..remember this is my first PDA..TIA!

These things are suprisingly self sufficient right out of the box, so there's really nothing to set up unless you're trying for wireless or such. ActiveSync is the hardest step, but it'll walk you through it step by step.

As for software, I second Wisbar. Dashboard used to be on my must have list, but I've grown a bit tired of it. There's a ton of stuff over at FreewarePPC.com (http://www.freewareppc.com). Free, of course. My personal favorite pay program is Pocket Informant, an agenda/contacts manager program. As for games, everyone loves Bejeweled so try Diamond Mine. (The PPC version) It's not free... but the demo is unlimited if your willing to wait 10 seconds or so before each game. I also recommend Dexplore, which makes short work of file management and has a really unlimited demo.

My best advice, play with it for a few days to see what you need. There's more stuff than you might imagine right out of the box. Also use the search feature in the upper right of PPC Thoughts to dig up a bunch of info.

robert_biggs
11-27-2002, 10:06 PM
I haven't had a chance to use Wisbar yet, but it looks like a great app. I love using PocketBlinds (http://www.stardock.com/products/pocketblinds/) for the looks and ability to smart close applications. I don't think it can be used in conjunction with Wisbar (correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be able to :wink: ). I don't have a PPC right now because I sold my e310 to get the new Dell. :)

Has anyone here tried SideX (http://handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=499&jid=69X557XEEB21BF5XE8AAABBX59C11D3E&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=41986&sectionId=0&catalog=30)? It looks like a great Applet Platform and I'm wondering if anyone else has used it. ThemeX especially looks like a great theme previewer/manager/editor. If anyone could let me know if it's worth downloading, I'd appreciate it.