View Full Version : SD I/O Card/Upgrade?! Help JASON!

Monty Gibson
11-26-2002, 01:40 AM
I know that the T-Mobile PPCPE SD/MMC slot is not I/O compatible. However; I have heard rumors that there can/will be a "software upgrade :confused totally: " Huh? If so, how is this possible? Anyway, I want to know if there will ever be I/O devices available with this phone? I would actually like a camera someday with this PPC. I don't know if it will ever happen though... :puppydogeyes:.

Thanks you,
Monty Gibson

Janak Parekh
11-26-2002, 04:24 PM
I don't think there is any answer at this point on the issue. There's currently no upgrade. Who knows if HTC is going to release an update, or can...

--bdj

Jason Dunn
11-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Yeah, this is a big "unknown" at this point - I've heard rumours, but I have no proof as to whether or not there will be a software patch to make the SD slot SDIO.

Monty Gibson
11-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah, this is a big "unknown" at this point - I've heard rumours, but I have no proof as to whether or not there will be a software patch to make the SD slot SDIO.

Where did you hear this rumor from? Perhaps the same place I did, I don't know, but one would think that they would have just made it I/O compatible. Wouldn't have that just made sense?

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

jayman
12-02-2002, 12:35 PM
I believe this rumour started because Palm updated one of their machines from SD to SD I/O via a software update.

However whether this slot was already SD I/O and Palm were slow
with the drivers thus rendering it's initial use to simple SD memory
is unknown by me.

Does anyone know which model it was and maybe we can find out the truth about what is or isn't possible?!!

Here I'm a pupil - there I am a member and sometimes an administrator.
but it's always the same ppc - weird!!

Monty Gibson
12-02-2002, 05:28 PM
I believe this rumour started because Palm updated one of their machines from SD to SD I/O via a software update.

However whether this slot was already SD I/O and Palm were slow
with the drivers thus rendering it's initial use to simple SD memory
is unknown by me.

Does anyone know which model it was and maybe we can find out the truth about what is or isn't possible?!!

Here I'm a pupil - there I am a member and sometimes an administrator.
but it's always the same ppc - weird!!

I hope that it is possible. I wrote to O2 this weekend since they are the "first" source and got this reply:

We do not disclose future specifications but we do not anticipate a new version of xda for a good number of months.

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Subject: SD I/O

Hello,

Will the next version of XDA contain a CF slot or an SD slot that has I/O support?

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

AdrianP
12-03-2002, 11:14 AM
This is the "helpful" information from the XDA homepage...

100 . Will / When will the device support I/O via expansion slot?
This feature is not supported.

http://www.myxda.com/web/template/FAQ.vm

:evil:

Monty Gibson
12-03-2002, 12:18 PM
This is the "helpful" information from the XDA homepage...

100 . Will / When will the device support I/O via expansion slot?
This feature is not supported.

http://www.myxda.com/web/template/FAQ.vm

:evil:

Yeah :evil: <--exactly. Thanks for the link.

Tetris L
01-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Any chance of connecting a small cheap webcam via the USB port instead the card slot and take still images with it?