View Full Version : EUU3 for the e310?

asazad
11-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know when i'll be able to download the EUU3 update for my e310? I've been checking the Toshiba website daily for the past 2 weeks!

edgar
11-22-2002, 08:16 PM
I do not know the answer specifically for the e310, but I learned today that the generic EUU3 posted for HP/Compaq iPaq also works for the HP Jornada 568. There is a discussion thread about this on www.brighthand.com (see HP Jornada 560 series forum). One of the contributors states the generic EUU3 will work on any Pocket PC 2002 device. I installed EUU3 on my 568 in approximately 15 minutes. It went more smoothly than the earlier EUUs. The improvements to Media Player are significant. My only caveat for you would be the possibility of Toshiba add-ons to EUU3 to correct original production defects. Since it was unlikely HP would do the same for its discontinued line of Jornadas (and apparently did not for the iPaqs as well), I proceeded with the generic EUU3. Previous EUUs have not allowed reinstallations, so I would not do the EUU3 expecting to reinstall if Toshiba later produces its own version. My wife has an e310 so I will be watching for updates.

KyleC
11-22-2002, 09:57 PM
If anyone finds out anything, I would be very appreciative if they could post it here :D (I'm "watching" this topic)

MLO
12-02-2002, 11:42 PM
There's a thread in the e310 section of Brighthand's forums about installing the EUU3...mostly a list of people who have been brave enough to take the plunge.

I've installed it on mine, and so far have had no problems.

brightppc
12-03-2002, 10:57 PM
well I guess I am one of the braves :wink:
I installed the EUU3 from Compaq without any problem at all.
It took 2 minutes and it's running fine.

I confirm that this update is a generic one.

You can find more on that subject on brighthand.com

azhiker
12-10-2002, 06:19 PM
I have been followng the Brighthand discussion on this same issue, and according to it Toshiba will not be publishing a EUU3 for the E310 because that model is discontinued. So I used the update from Compaq and it worked perfectly, took three minutes and all is well. :P

brightppc
12-10-2002, 06:29 PM
Funny you said that about Toshiba azhiker because I posted something similar on Brighthand's forum; questioning Toshiba's support for a discontinued model like the e310.
I like my e310 but I am not happy with Toshiba's way of treating their customers :cry:
Well, this EUU3 update seems to work fine on the e310 so I guess we should be at least glad for that.

Jason Dunn
12-10-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm waiting for an official response from Toshiba on this issue - stay tuned.

KyleC
12-10-2002, 08:18 PM
Official resopnse? I already emailed Toshiba and they said something like that they didn't have the technical information for my question, and that I should continue checking their web site. :?

brightppc
12-10-2002, 08:43 PM
I stay tuned Jason but I think you can wait forever for an official answer from Toshiba :wink:
I remember reading in a forum that a CR from Toshiba told by phone to stay away from EUU2 ! If it's that bad, why didn't they remove it from their website then ?
Anyway, I don't expect anything from them; it's why I went ahead with EUU3 :D

If you call them for support for the 310, they tell you to check their website for updates...that's not support :(

KyleC
12-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Official resopnse? I already emailed Toshiba and they said something like that they didn't have the technical information for my question, and that I should continue checking their web site. :?

Ahh, yes. Here it is! Good thing I archive all my email! :wink:

Sir,
At this time technical support does not have that information. However may I suggest that you visit our web site from time to time for updates as they are posted.

John D.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dec 4, 2002 6:36:46 AM
Subject: Toshiba PDA Support Request from Kyle C

Customer Name: Kyle C
Customer Email: [my email address]
PDA Model: e310
Problem Category: Software Installation

I read on http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/pocketpc2002sp3.htm that end user update 3 for the Toshiba e740 can be installed on all other Toshiba devices, such as my e310. Is this true? Is EUU3 available for the e310 as the e740 update? If not, when will EUU3 for the Toshiba e310 be released? Please let me know either way! Thank you!

===========================================================
Sent at: 03:36:7 on 12-04-2002
User address: 172.131.128.157
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

azhiker
12-10-2002, 11:57 PM
If Toshiba is delaying or avoiding a EUU3 specifically for the E310, and the update available from Compaq and for the 740 does the job, then why would it be necessary to wait for Toshiba? I can't imagine anything Toshiba would add that would make a difference. I updated my E310 today from one available from Compaq and see nothing specific to Compaq on my machine.

I am amazed of how quickly the E310 has gone out of existence. We are not even talking 6 months. Having Toshiba laptops for ten years I am surprised of how little they are considering their PPC support. :x

Delta737
12-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Well, this is the respons I got:
"Hello Herbert,
Unfortunately, the E310 has been discontinued and as far as I know, there is no plan to release a EUU3 update at the moment. Please check our site or www.pocketpc.com frequently for any new updates that may be released for the Operating System. Thank You."
Bad news, I guess. I used the (universal) HP upgrade. Worked fine, only I still get that stupid "main battery low" at 50% :? :x