View Full Version : Pocket PC Advertisements...

Steven Cedrone
11-22-2002, 06:18 PM
I had the pleasure :roll: of having to go to Philadelphia this morning (Interview)...

Anyway, at every station between my home and Philly (about 10) there was at least one billboard with a Pocket PC Advertisement. I Was shocked...

The best: A picture of some guy sitting on a bench, the caption was: "17 Minutes. Sit and wait or communicate" and had a picture of an XDA below it...

Steve

KyleC
11-23-2002, 02:15 AM
They have some of those things on the freshly designed PocketPC.com website. I don't think that they are all that great, simply because they don't make a whole lot of sense. A lot of the things they advertise can be done with rival devices we want to know what makes the Pocket PC special :P

Steven Cedrone
11-23-2002, 02:23 AM
Actually, Given that I was sitting in a station 15-20 minutes from my destination, it made great sense. I think the Adverts are on target (at least for commuters)...

Steve

mirwin
11-23-2002, 07:13 AM
Hi Steve,

I commute into Philly every day too. I ue my HP 560 to read the daily newspaper on the train. Much easier than manipulating several square yards of reluctant and windswept paper !

Mike

Steven Cedrone
11-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Hi Steve,

I commute into Philly every day too. I ue my HP 560 to read the daily newspaper on the train. Much easier than manipulating several square yards of reluctant and windswept paper !

Mike

Mike,

I agree (I wish I had this years ago when I communted to NY every day). The first thing I made sure I did right before I left the house was to sync my Mazingo channels. I read for most of the trip there and back!

Steve