View Full Version : PDA Dilemma!

clusey
11-22-2002, 03:41 AM
I am an iPaq 3850 owner and have been informed by my company that I will be issued the new NEXTEL Blackberry 6510. I was skeptical because I love PocketPC, but after reading some of the new capabilities, and the thought of being able to carry one device (that the company pays for) I wanted some of you PocketPC fans to give me your thoughts.
Here's what I've learned so far that I like:
1. Wireless (Pushed vs. pulled) email with attachments
2. Wireless calendar (can even accept and add comments)
3. Can use Global address book
4. Can use ALL my PERSONAL Folders
5. Can use POP3 email with out toggling accounts on device and it knows which replyto email address to use.

Let me know what you think :?:

You can check out the 6510 here.....

http://www.nextel.com/services/nextelonline/rim1.shtml

Cortex
11-22-2002, 03:45 AM
it has a beautiful screen :razzing:

clusey
11-22-2002, 04:01 AM
I love the color on the iPaq, but I've found in my job I use the iPaq mostly for calendar. All my other apps are used on my own time. Great feedback....keep it coming....... :idea:

ECOslin
11-22-2002, 04:17 AM
Remember, someone else is paying for the Blackberry. If it breaks or is broken, your work likely would take care and cost of getting a new one.

Are they making plans around you using it? Reporting site data on it?

Edward

Pony99CA
11-22-2002, 02:46 PM
I am an iPaq 3850 owner and have been informed by my company that I will be issued the new NEXTEL Blackberry 6510. I was skeptical because I love PocketPC, but after reading some of the new capabilities, and the thought of being able to carry one device (that the company pays for) I wanted some of you PocketPC fans to give me your thoughts.
Here's what I've learned so far that I like:
1. Wireless (Pushed vs. pulled) email with attachments
2. Wireless calendar (can even accept and add comments)
3. Can use Global address book
4. Can use ALL my PERSONAL Folders
5. Can use POP3 email with out toggling accounts on device and it knows which replyto email address to use.

You forgot, "6. Can be used as a phone", I think. :-)

Let me know what you think :?:

Why wouldn't you want it? Are you thinking of declining it? Nothing prevents you from using both devices, right? :-)

Steve

clusey
11-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Oh Yeah! What about...

7. Direct Connect Two Way radio built in!

I do want the device, but I've never used a blackberry. I always have my Nextel and usually keep my iPaq close by, but the thought of always having email & calendar real time sounds great.

Keep it coming..... :!:

clusey
11-23-2002, 11:21 PM
8. Integrated keyboard
9. Longer battery life

What do you think :?: