View Full Version : Vaja Cases For The T-Mobile PPCPE

Monty Gibson
11-21-2002, 04:21 PM
I am about to purchase a Vaja case but am having a very difficult time deciding which one to purchase :? :?: . There are 4 flavors (leaving the new embroidery out of my selection) to choose from. Which one would you choose and why?

www.vajacases.com

http://www.vajacases.com/Vaja/catalogo.nsf/ProdsPadrelkp/IVO_2411/$file/Grande.gif

http://www.vajacases.com/Vaja/catalogo.nsf/ProdsPadrelkp/IVO_2410/$file/Grande.gif

http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/ProdsPadrelkp/943/$file/943Grande.jpg

http://www.vajacases.com/Vaja/catalogo.nsf/ProdsPadrelkp/941/$file/941Grande.jpg

Thanks,
Monty Gibson

Kati Compton
11-21-2002, 05:45 PM
I am about to purchase a Vaja case but am having a very difficult time deciding which one to purchase :? :?: . There are 4 flavors (leaving the new embroidery out of my selection) to choose from. Which one would you choose and why?

I'd pick #2 because it seems to add the least bulk. The bottom two have room for credit cards, which I think is silly unless you can put CF cards in there without getting lost. (I think it's silly because there's not enough slots to be a replacement wallet, so why bother). Unless of coure they will hold business cards and that's a need for you.

The top one doesn't protect the screen....

Monty Gibson
11-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Thank you for the advice. However; I've heard that some of Vaja's cases do not "fold" all the way back, thus making look like you have bunny ears :oops: while trying to talk on the phone when using it without the microphone and headset. #2 looks like one of them although I really love this case! Can anyone give a confirmation on this, whether or not they fold back completely, especially #2?

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

smittyofdhs
11-21-2002, 06:24 PM
I have #2 right now and it works really good. Keep in mind that the lid does not completely fold back so when using the phone next to your head, the lid may be hanging out there in mid-air.

#1 came out right after I bought #2 so I was a bit disappointed about that. I would have considered #1 in conjunction with a really good screen protector like Brando's Protectors. With the price as high as they are, I wouldn't buy #2 now but I wish I had the option before I purchased. #1 gives the greatest protection as I already know this. I have already dropped mine once and had no damage.

Monty Gibson
11-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Thank you for your advice! Brando's Protectors? Do you have a website addy; I haven't heard of them before.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

smittyofdhs
11-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the advice. However; I've heard that some of Vaja's cases do not "fold" all the way back, thus making look like you have bunny ears :oops: while trying to talk on the phone when using it without the microphone and headset. #2 looks like one of them although I really love this case! Can anyone give a confirmation on this, whether or not they fold back completely, especially #2?

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

Yes, #2 above does do that, but keep in mind that the lid will fold down behind your head when you are on a call so it's not just flapping loosely in the wind like bunny ears. But it can be annoying if you are not use to it.

Monty Gibson
11-21-2002, 06:33 PM
#1 came out right after I bought #2 so I was a bit disappointed about that. I would have considered #1 in conjunction with a really good screen protector like Brando's Protectors. With the price as high as they are, I wouldn't buy #2 now but I wish I had the option before I purchased. I really like #2 because the flap issue mentioned above

Why would you buy #1 over the others? It seems to me that the D-pad and other buttons wouldn't be protected from rain and the elements and looks a little bulky. I like this one too, actually, but I am just trying to be Devil's Advocate here :twisted: <-- Cool Icon :wink: but I just want to try to level out the "pro's" and "con's" of them all. If the others #3 and #4 don't fold back completely then #2 or #1 will be for me.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

smittyofdhs
11-21-2002, 06:34 PM
Thank you for your advice! Brando's Protectors? Do you have a website addy; I haven't heard of them before.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

http://shop.brando.com.hk/screenprotector.php

These protectors are thicker then the standard protectors but it does not effect writing on the touchpad. It sticks with a light adhesive/static...not sure exactly how it sticks, but it does. I had one on my Ipaq for over a year without replacement. They are a bit more but they last 6-12 months.

Monty Gibson
11-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the link. I was looking for a good screen protector regardless of the case I choose. These look like really good protectors.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

smittyofdhs
11-21-2002, 06:48 PM
#1 came out right after I bought #2 so I was a bit disappointed about that. I would have considered #1 in conjunction with a really good screen protector like Brando's Protectors. With the price as high as they are, I wouldn't buy #2 now but I wish I had the option before I purchased. I really like #2 because the flap issue mentioned above

Why would you buy #1 over the others? It seems to me that the D-pad and other buttons wouldn't be protected from rain and the elements and looks a little bulky. I like this one too, actually, but I am just trying to be Devil's Advocate here :twisted: <-- Cool Icon :wink: but I just want to try to level out the "pro's" and "con's" of them all. If the others #3 and #4 don't fold back completely then #2 or #1 will be for me.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

If I was unclear before here is my final thoughts on this....
I would really like to have both #1 and #2. #2 gives the greatest protection and I would use this one most of the time. #1 is cool and could be used in certain situations where I didn't want to deal with the "non-foldable" lid of #2. By the way, #3-4 lid does fold back unlike #2.

smittyofdhs
11-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the link. I was looking for a good screen protector regardless of the case I choose. These look like really good protectors.

Thank you,
Monty Gibson

I've used these since they came out a few years back....I had them for my Handspring Deluxe, Handspring Edge, Ipaq 3850, and now my Siemens SX56.

Keep in mind you only need to buy one as it will last months....