View Full Version : Viewsonic

shawnc
11-21-2002, 12:18 AM
With all the recent excitement regarding the Dell's, has anyone heard any recent news/status updates about the V35? Amazon still hasn't provided me a ship date on my Nov-5 preorder and I am starting to get nervous. I am sooooo ready to get a new PPC in my hands that I am seriously thinking of ordering the Dell. And now that I know they have the foldable keyboard available, I'm really tempted to just order the thing. The way I see it, if the V35 EVER comes in I can probably sell it on ebay and make a considerable profit since I have a hunch that the initial demand may exceed the supply. I can't help but remember how difficult it was to get my hands on my ipaq 3650.

Kirkaiya
11-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Jason/Ed/et al -

Do any of you have a contact at ViewSonic who has any updated info on this? I know the PDABargain site is showing 12/1, and on Brighthand, somebody posted that they were supposed to be "in the channel" last week, and in our grubby hands this week...

I'm a little frustrated at the fact that Viewsonic doesn't update their website, or put out *any* kind of ETA on the V35s. Great-looking product, but they get a big "F" in not meeting expectations (that is, they announced it, it was originally going to ship in early November, and NO NEWS FOR 2 WEEKS).

I'm going to start emailing all their corporate contacts on their website I think!

Kirk

SofaTater
11-21-2002, 03:46 PM
I read in another forum -- sorry, can't remember which -- posts from a couple of people who called ViewSonic contacts and were told that the v35 is being shipped this week and should be in retail outlets (CompUSA was the only one confirmed) next week.

Kirkaiya
11-26-2002, 05:19 AM
I've been sort of wondering when this would happen, and it has - the V35 has started rearing it's head on eBay.

Here is one auction for a V35 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2074762745), but the seller has a 0 rating, so debatable whether he really has one.

I think as these start to trickle in, there'll be more showing up there, as people try to cash in on the scarcity (a la iPaqs 2 years ago).