View Full Version : PQV 3.0 beta ready to try...

bitbank
11-18-2002, 02:20 PM
PQV 3.0 beta ready to try...
I have decided to allow PQV 3.0 to be tried by the public to receive feedback and fix bugs. Because another company has trademarked the name "PQView - power quality...", all references to my image viewer should call it either Pocket QuickView or PQV.

Here is the URL to the new code (ARM EXE):

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/downloads/pqview.zip

The EXE is not an installer and needs to be copied directly to a ARM/X-Scale Pocket PC.

New Features:

1) Gamma/Brightness adjustment - This allows images to finally look good on the iPAQ38xx series

2) GAPI support - all Pocket PCs should now be able to see (and hear) AVI/MOV video clips and do slide shows.

3) Anti-aliased scaling - Large photos can now look extremely good when scaled down or resized. This option is in the main preferences page and will slow down the screen updates, but makes the images look much better.

4) Improved JPEG save quality - I have added a higher quality level for JPEGs and allowed the color subsampling to be an option (before it was always used). Now screen captures and edit/saves of JPEGs look great.

5) RAW image support - You can now preview the embedded images in proprietary RAW files from Canon, Nikon, Minolta and Fuji. These are images generated by high-end (5MP+) cameras.

6) Red eye removal - Select an area with the mouse, tap and hold, and now you can remove red eyes. Needs some work, but does pretty well. Be careful not to select too much skin or it might get turned gray.

7) Rename - now you can easily rename files as you are viewing. Tap-and-hold on the image, then select "Rename".

8) Improved support for viewing PDF, AVI, and MOV files. If you find some that still don't work and use a supported coded, please let me know.

9) ??? - I will be looking at enhancing the slide show feature. I would like your suggestions about this and other features you would like to see changed/added.

The code will timeout on Jan 1, 2003. I will have a new beta ready by then if the code is not ready for release.

Have Fun

Larry B.