View Full Version : Bluetooth headsets????

t39owner
11-16-2002, 08:30 AM
I was curious if anyone has used a bluetooth headset with a PPCPE?
Is the software able to support this function? Can someone point in the right direction?

Thanks in advance....

Please email if possible that you have replied....I am unable to check often,

t39owner
11-16-2002, 02:59 PM
just clear my question;

I am wanting to purchase a PPCPE, SD bluetooth card, and a bluetooth headset in hope they will work with each other.
Anyone know if this will work, or not. And where I could research this?

thanks!!!!!!!!!

kneofyte
11-16-2002, 10:01 PM
I guess T-Mobile PPCPE doesnot come with bluetooth capability. I am not sure of some of the other devices.

smashcasi
11-16-2002, 10:15 PM
I've looked into this a bit and I'm not aware of any SD or CF Bluetooth cards that support the headset profile. As far as I know the only device currently on the market that supports headsets is the Pocket LOOX, and its support is faulty.

Steven Cedrone
11-16-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure if this helps but Jabra makes a Bluetooth headset for non-Bluetooth enabled phones...

http://www.jabra.com/products/FreeSpeak_nonBluetooth.htm

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-17-2002, 04:24 AM
So, Steve's suggestion is really the only way to go for now. There is no Bluetooth support in the HTC, period, and as of this moment the SD slot will not support SDIO devices (like a Bluetooth SD card). Rumor has it that a firmware update might be able to fix this, but I wouldn't bet on it until it actually happens.

--bdj

t39owner
11-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the replies....

t39owner
11-21-2002, 03:22 AM
ok, get ready for the stupid question.....

What kind of drivers, or device profiles would it take to *patch* the SDIO gap? Is it possible? (in respect to the hardware?)
I am really dying to use my SE HBH30 headset with my ppcpe....
Any engineers or people who understand this deeper ?
Thanks!!!!!

smashcasi
11-21-2002, 06:40 AM
Well I can't comment on the feasibility of adding SDIO support to a device that doesn't already have it, but even if it were to happen you'd still be stuck. Here's why:

Realistically support for the headset profile must integrate with the device hardware somehow (to turn off the built-in mic & speaker while using the headset, for one thing). Since a CF or SD card is supposed to be a generic solution and everyone's audio drivers are different, this will probably never happen in an expansion card. In other words, the device manufacturer must be the one to include this support.

The only other option is to use the product Steve mentioned, or one like it. Essentially what this does is nicely skirt around the problem by using a headset jack "adapter" and transmitting the audio via Bluetooth. Not nearly as elegant as an internal solution, but apparently headset profile support just isn't on the device manufacturer's priority list. Until it is I'm afraid you're Phone Edition PPC and your HBH-30 will just have to be strangers, as there's no other way to get them to talk today.