View Full Version : PPC <-> Phone Synch

Adam
11-13-2002, 04:06 PM
I've been looking out for software, for some months now, that would enable me to synchronise my calendar and contacts between my T68 and iPaq - especially one that uses Bluetooth.

I haven't yet seen one and so still have to use my desktop(s) as my sync station.

In case I've missed it, does anyone know of anything out there that would do the job for me?

Wiggin
11-13-2002, 07:02 PM
Adam
Not sure about options which will synch up an iPaq and a T68 directly, but there is an option available to synch up the T68 with your computer. The result would be the same, it just requires a 2-step process. If you change an item on the iPaq, synch it with the computer, and then synch the computer with the T68.

To synch the T68, you need a serial connection cable for the T68 (manu by SonyEric). I picked one up for $35. You then download the SW application from the SonyEric site, and voila... all your PIM info is in your phone! :D (actually, not ALL, just Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks)

Now truth be told, I'm not about to try and use my phone as a replacement for my 3850...that would be WHACKY!!! :silly:
BUT, it was VERY cool being able to download ALL of my contacts into the phone without having to type in anything on the phone! :way to go:

saquibk
11-13-2002, 11:48 PM
I use mPhone by Mobem Technologies (www.mobem.com) for synchronising contacts between my T68i and EM-500. But I sync using the IR Port on my PockePC. But I think you should be able to use it with Bluetooth as well. Even if you couldn't its not too bad syncing using IR. It does not take too long.

Adam
11-14-2002, 10:54 AM
Adam
Not sure about options which will synch up an iPaq and a T68 directly, but there is an option available to synch up the T68 with your computer.

Thanks, but that's what I do now. However, as I don't always take my iPaq out with me (e.g. down the pub), but it is the second most carried item (the phone being the first) and I want to be able to synch the two whilst away from my desk - especially when I'm on trips.

Adam
11-14-2002, 10:55 AM
I use mPhone by Mobem Technologies (www.mobem.com) for synchronising contacts between my T68i and EM-500. But I sync using the IR Port on my PockePC. But I think you should be able to use it with Bluetooth as well. Even if you couldn't its not too bad syncing using IR. It does not take too long.

Thanks for that. I'll go and check them out.

Adam
11-14-2002, 11:25 AM
mPhone does the phone book well enough, but I'm looking for something that does full contact and as importantly, calendar as well.

Still no movement on the syncML, PPC front... :(