View Full Version : Surfing the net VIA BT

benson
11-12-2002, 05:52 AM
Hi all, I need some help and advise on my iPAQ 3870. I recently purchase a 3Com Bluetooth USB Adapter. I got it setup on my PC and manage to detect my iPAQ and my iPAQ can detect it as well. I realise that it is possible to use my broadband connection to surf the internet when my iPAQ is in its cradle, but is it possible to share my broadband connection via bluetooth instead of having my iPAQ sitted in the cradle?

Pony99CA
11-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi all, I need some help and advise on my iPAQ 3870. I recently purchase a 3Com Bluetooth USB Adapter. I got it setup on my PC and manage to detect my iPAQ and my iPAQ can detect it as well. I realise that it is possible to use my broadband connection to surf the internet when my iPAQ is in its cradle, but is it possible to share my broadband connection via bluetooth instead of having my iPAQ sitted in the cradle?
I know that there are Bluetooth Access Points that you can get, but those attach to your router, not your PC.

I would think (without having any experience :-)) that if you can synchronize with Bluetooth that you'd also be able to access the Internet. Have you been able to sync with Bluetooth?

Steve

Janak Parekh
11-12-2002, 03:25 PM
So, there are two ways to do this: either use Internet-over-Activesync, or see if the 3Com supports Win9x/ME/2k/XP Internet sharing via the BT LAN profile. I haven't had enough patience to get either to work, but people have with varying degrees of success. Search the forums on a couple PPC webboards and you'll see loong discussions on this topic.

--bdj

benson
11-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks...but how do you do Internet over Activesync? Sorry for the ignorance.... :oops: