View Full Version : Price cut on Toshiba e330/335?

duckyjp
11-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Ok, so the viewsonic v35 is due to hit the market in a few days and amazon.com is already selling preorders 274 dollars if you include a rebate. This product is clearly aimed directly at the toshibas and seems to but on par spec-wise with them but slightly thinner and lighter. I am still interested in the 330/335, but they are listing for 399 with a 50 dollar rebate and amazon is offereing another 25 on top of that for a grand total of 325. My question is do you think prices will drop withing the next few weeks to match with or beat the viewsonic? I am anxious to buy the e335 now but if I could save another 25 or 50 dollars by waiting it might be worth it

Also, if it does drop and i buy it now, will amazon refund the difference like circuit city would? I have heard about some sort of policy to this effect.
Thanks!

SofaTater
11-11-2002, 10:05 PM
FYI, the Circuit City circular in the Dallas Sunday newspaper listed two $50 rebates on the e335 -- $50 from Toshiba and $50 from Circuit City. That brings the price down to $300. (Of course, rebates stink because you still pay tax on the full amount and it normally takes weeks or months to get your rebate check.)