View Full Version : Genio e550GX - Handwriting recognition

Kage
11-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi all, I just wanted to ask you if so far the handwriting recognition has been good on all previous Toshiba models cause I would like to buy a Genio e550GX when it comes out this November 15th.
Overall, it is a great value but I would be dissapointed if handwriting recognition would be poor and had to use a soft keyboard or a mini keyboard to input.

Well, then, thank you very much for those who reply :D

Jestyr
11-10-2002, 01:07 PM
I just bought a Toshiba e330 and I'm very happy with its handwriting recognition. I haven't owned a PDA since the Psion Series 5mx, so I'd imagine my expectations were pretty low, but really I'm quite happy with it. It has trouble with small characters, but if you write big it turns out fine. Mine almost never makes mistakes, even when I write in cursive.

-J

spursdude
11-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Well, on my Audiovox (really Toshiba) Maestro, handwriting recognition is just fine using Transcriber (as it is on all PPC2002 devices). It takes a while to learn how to efficiently use transcriber, but it works real well and is quite accurate for me. Better than Palm's Graffiti, for sure...

Dave Beauvais
11-12-2002, 12:13 AM
The most important aspect of using Transcriber is to take the ten minutes or so required to tell it how you write your letters. After "training" Transcriber, it is amazingly accurate, even with my not-so-neat handwriting.

--Dave