View Full Version : New 64 MB XDA with same ol' GPRS problem!

deeps
11-09-2002, 07:20 AM
I just sold my old XDA and bought a new 64mb with extended GPRS capabilities. It is suppose to be Class B, Multislot Class 8 (4R1T) . My new Rom version is 3.14.17 and radio version is 4.08.

The problem is although i see an increase in gprs speed, The GPRS connection still disconnects when a phone call is coming in. A class B device is suppose to just suspend the GPRS during a call or SMS and resume GPRS connection automatically after that. I need help bad. Anyone has the same problem or a solution out of this problem would be of great help. Cheers!

Rgds,

Deeps

Jason Dunn
11-09-2002, 09:59 PM
You're the first person I know to get one of these devices - I didn't know they were Class B devices. Sounds like you'd better contact 02 and ask them - I'd be VERY interested in their resposne...keep me posted. Thanks!

deeps
11-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Isn't the GPRS issue a concern with the XDA users out there. I wonder what u guys do after a phone call, reconnect again? Man, I seriously find that its a false claim by o2 to write it as a class b gprs device! Im seriously thinking of suing them in spore!

Please, all XDA users, let me know whether they're aware that the XDA is actually a class C device. I mean, its clearly stated everywhere, even in their website, www.myxda.com that its a class B device! Arent all u XDA users upset for the false claim!

Rgds,

Unhappy Userb

Hank Scorpio
11-12-2002, 05:32 AM
is this a software upgrade or a hardware upgrade to get the extended GPRS stuff?