View Full Version : A Good IR Cell Phone to use with e310?

Kralizec
11-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I have an e310 and I would like to use an IR-enabled phone to get on the Internet with it.

Just for background, I'm with T-Mobile (joined when it was still VoiceStream) and I have a SIM card I can transfer to another phone. I'm on a plan that was originally started with a Handspring Visorphone.

So, can you knowledgeable (sp?) folks suggest some good (and inexpensive!) cell phone models with which I can accomplish this? Thanks! :D

saquibk
11-08-2002, 07:19 PM
I use the T68i (AT&T) along with my EM-500 and it works great. The T68i is your best bet if it is offered by T-Mobile. If not then may be you can try the new SonyEricsson T300. It too has a color screen like the T68i but lacks some features like Bluetooth etc. and is also cheaper.

guilmon
11-10-2002, 05:51 AM
The Nokia 7160, (which might not be avalible anymore,) is excellent for connecting to the internet with IR. I would recommend it above others, but it depends on your mobile phone provider, and don't forget, you need to register to some kind of service, which is expensive.

Crones
02-07-2003, 04:21 AM
Hello,

I was looking for some help with getting my T68i (from AT&T) to connect via infrared to my E335. How did you set it up exactly.

I managed to get online with the phone itself and got the 4MB package to test out but have not been able to surf the web and read email with my E335 connected to the T68i on IR.

Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated if you don't mind.
Thanks in advance.