View Full Version : Modem Issue

wardsw109
11-06-2002, 01:56 PM
:(
I just bought a bueatiful new iPAQ 3950. I then went out and got a modem for it to be able to check things out like email without my lap top. None of the modems I have bought to date have worked. I have followed the instructions to the letter for settings in connections and I know it's not my ISP or wall plug becuase my lap top works fine with it. Is this an iPAQ issue? Is there anyone that I can call for help? Does it have to do with it being Xscale?
I can see it trying to connect, but it never does. It doesn't even give me a dial tone. I can physically see it's trying to communicate with it becuase the light on the modem card comes on.
I am so close to saying forget it and go back to a Palm platform. I have never had so many issues with a PDA. Some one please save me before I convert back.

Shawn

laser
11-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Have you picked up an extension when you tell the modem to dial to be sure it is really dialing? I was having problems with mine at work and was getting so frustrated. Then it dawned on me. I picked up and extension on the same line and heard the recorded error message. A light went on. I had not set up a dialing location for work. We have to dial 9 to get an outside line.

Well long story short, if you have the modem definded for the connection and have the number entered right with the right dialing location settings you should be able to pick up an extension and hear the modem dial and your service pick up. If this happens and you do not connect then there are some network settings that need to be adjusted.

Hope this helps. If not let me know and we can work through it one setting at a time. I know that my Targus Pocket Modem connects every time now to ISP and works Citrix Server.

Laser :)