View Full Version : NEC MOBILE PRO P300 USERS anybody out there?

pnjm
11-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Are there any other NEC Mobile Pro P300 users out there?

I have a technical problem to solve, but also generally would like to know if anyone else has the same thing I have.

PN

yiks
01-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Althought your post is 2-3months ago. I just bought a NEC Mobilepro P300 and updated to EUU3 from NEC.

So yes! there's someone else that uses this PDA. So there's 2 P300 users in this world. :P

pnjm
02-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Hello, What's EUU3 from NEC?

Anyway, now that I've had my NEC for more than just a few weeks, I am discovering that the short battery life is a pain. But then all Pocket PC PDA's of this generation suffer from the same problem.

At least I can boast about the large 320x240 screen (required a Palm Tungsten screen protector to cover it; the Toshiba E740 was the closest Pocket PC fit and it didn't cover as much of the screen as the Tungsten protector), and the dual storage option.

PN

kkk2
03-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Hello pnjm and yiks ,I am a p300 user too.
I feel the battery life is too short to use.
Did you guys tried the usb host function?

pnjm
04-10-2003, 11:07 AM
The battery life on the P300 is actually comparable to other models of the same generation.

On Low Light setting (accessible via My Settings - Frontlight - DC (not AC)) my P300 lasts a whole day before going into the 50% battery warning at dusk or early in the night. I suspect I could probably drag out the battery life to cover 2 whole days of usage if I had to.

Note that if you use it on a continuous "always-on" basis (eg. to read a long book in MS Reader, or to play a long series of MP3 or WinMedia songs) instead of in "spurts" (that is, off all the time unless on only to update calendar, add new contact or make short notes) - the battery will appear to die on you very fast. I'd say - a little more than an hour before the 50% warning level is reached even on lowlight setting.

Twin3319
04-30-2003, 02:47 PM
:D
Hello NEC user.I plan on porchasing a mpro 300 in a week,so you've
have another member in the nec group

eiger003
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Hello all
I am thinking of buying a P300 with a PC card adapter. I would like it to be my main PDA, with a secondary use as a digital image tank. To do this I can just add a 5gb PC card hard drive.

What are your overall impressions of this unit (screen, battery life, etc)?
Is it a good deal if I can get one for $150 - $200?
Is it possible to use a 5gb PC card with Pocket PC 2002?

My current PDA history has been with Psion and Palm. From earliest to latest: Psion 3c, Psion 5, Revo and Palm IIIxe.

Thanks
:mrgreen:

pnjm
05-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Hello!

After close on two thirds of a year - I bought my unit in October of last year, close to the end of the product's shop-shelf-life - a few months later the P200 came out - I can say this: the battery life is nothing to shout about; it about matches other PDA's of its generation ie. products launched mid-year 2001 to early 2002.

Which is to say that, on near-constant use from about 8am it will last till 6pm before the 50% battery charge low-batt alarm comes on - on low frontlight all the way, with very little use of the speaker/headphone facility and primarily using the PIM, pocket word and pocket excel applications. And some active-synching with the PC.

"Near-constant use" I define to mean using the PDA in some way once every ten minutes or so, for a couple of minutes at a time.

You must remember one weakness of nearly the entire generation of Pocket PC PDA's from 2001/2002 - they did not provide for swapping batteries, your mobile use of the PDA will depend on how far you can stretch the built-in battery.

Screen lighting is adequate, there is no auto-adjustment like with its primary competitor the Compaq IPAQ 2001 model (I forget the model number - the award-winning one with the bulgy, "classic" curved design). You need to select the lighting intensity yourself, from a menu of five possible settings. At its brightest the screen is not as good as the Compaq. My friend has the Compaq, and we compared the models side by side. The difference however is minimal; you'll survive on the NEC.

The machine is "flat" in its design, no bulges, and friends tell me the brushed-metal look is cool and looks rugged - but must remember not to compare against the latest crop of PDA's ;-) Certainly I've had one friend say that his Palm M500 series did not compare well against my NEC in terms of finish and apparent build quality.

I began PDA life myself with an HP 200LX (still in working order). I moved to a Psion Siena, then to a Sharp Wizard and then to my NEC.

UserMark
08-26-2003, 10:22 PM
the nec p300 euu3 is available on the nec global download section of the website

there are even fewer of me NEC300E users, a device which is 64mb storage instead of 32mb which I think the p300 is, anyway something is different as the euu3 doesn't work on my device and NEC hasn't made any kind of euu3 for me even after many complaints :) so no "bliss" theme :(