View Full Version : NEC's new PDAs

MalcolmNZ
11-03-2002, 03:11 AM
I have a new NEC MobilePro 300e, bought (and built) in Malaysia, and I like it. I realise these machines are new on the market (and a lot of PC people have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Packard Bell and NEC), but why is this machine almost invisible in the internet traffic?

I'd appreciate the opportunity to talk to other users, and exchange experiences as I get more familiar with this machine.

Why the MobilePro? I looked around, both in my home (New Zealand) and the SE Asian markets (where I work a few times each year), and thought seriously about an iPac, and the new Toshiba looks OK. I went for the NEC because of: form-factor (it's very small, very light, looks and feels cool); functionality (I like the way I can customise the machine to suit my needs); and price (in Malaysia, this machine is on sale at a promotional price of about RM1,200).

Down-side? Well, PB/NEC has a terrible rep in many markets, especially the US. It's a new machine, so there's entry risk. There are very few owners, so there's no user community.

Comments?