View Full Version : Does anyone have Sony Ericsson T68i phone?

marconelly
11-02-2002, 09:16 AM
I just saw this phone at the local store and it looks very good. Saw the specs on their site and it mentions GPRS, Bluetooth, etc.. Does anyone here has this phone and can tell me if (s)he likes it?

Can you browse the internet with it using only the phone and it's small screen? I'm thinking actual internet URLs, with sites optimized for mobile devices, not just WAP stuff.

How about using bluetooth to connect with your Pocket PC and browse the net using the phone as a modem?

What kind of games are there on it? It has a nice color screen, so I hope they put it to a good use ;)

jojaboi
11-02-2002, 10:25 AM
i have it. it works fine as a bt modem :D

Wiggin
11-02-2002, 07:44 PM
I have it as well, works great. Used it to download emails on my laptop from the airport lounge via GPRS (50K baud connection speed)...very kewl. The connection also allowed me to sync the phone with my Outlook info. All contacts, tasks, and calendar entries are now in the phone. I'm not planning to use it as a PIM replacement (i have my 3850 for that :wink: ), but it was a nice perk to not have to reenter any contact info.. the entire contact list is now in the phone!

Khufu1
11-02-2002, 09:39 PM
I have one as well. It works great as a BT modem. The software is elaborate and has a ton of features. Battery usage is good as well.
That being said...
I hate the damn thing. I have been using Motorola phones forever. I was going to stop using my V60t and switch. Now I carry both or just leave the t68. I hate not having a cover built in for the buttons or the screen. There was no thought put in to the ergonomincs of the phone. It doesn't reach down past the middle of my cheek and it drives me nuts. Of course, the mic doesn't care. It works fine but I hate it. Basically, I don't like it for the same reason I don't like any of the mainstream offerings from SonyEriccson, Ericcson in the past, and of course, Nokia. If you don't care about my irritations with the phone, you will most likely love it.
-Drew

marconelly
11-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Heh, that's funny. I always hated Motorola cell phones. Their design and, more importanly, user interface was the worst imaginable, in my opinion :)

Jeff Rutledge
11-03-2002, 01:17 AM
I have one and am very pleased overall. I don't always get the best reception, but I think that's more due to the fact that the GSM network in my area is relatively new. The fact that the phone is quite small probably has something to do with it as well. I've heard that the Nokia 6310i BT phone gets much better reception.

Also, I have the Ericsson HBH30 BT headset. It's the best accessory I could imagine. The integration is flawless as they're both Ericsson devices. I can voice dial from the headset and answer calls with one button touched without ever touching the phone. It's very comfortable and, or course, no wires!

Great combo.

splintercell
11-05-2002, 02:52 PM
I am still fighting to get my t68i for $100. :?