View Full Version : Updated Sniffer Code

Jason Dunn
10-31-2002, 10:24 PM
We've updated the browser detection code we're using, so Mac users and anyone else using an alternative browser (anything other than IE), please try hitting the opening page and tell us (gently!) if you're seeing the right page. Thanks!

lethalp1mp
11-01-2002, 12:46 AM
I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.1, and viewing with Chimera 0.5, IE 5.2, and Moz 1.2b. All work great.

Macguy59
11-01-2002, 01:22 AM
Same here. Using Chimera (mozilla based) under Mac OS X and the page looks normal. Thanks :D

Gerard
11-01-2002, 06:15 AM
I'm looking with my iPAQ 3835, and all day I've been getting the full-on, slow-to-load, frustratingly bulky, lots-of-side-scrolling main entrance!
Oh, right, you said gently. Okay, I can't find the 'mobile page at all. Could you fix it for Pocket IE please? :)

Jason Dunn
11-01-2002, 06:49 AM
I'm looking with my iPAQ 3835, and all day I've been getting the full-on, slow-to-load, frustratingly bulky, lots-of-side-scrolling main entrance!
Oh, right, you said gently. Okay, I can't find the 'mobile page at all. Could you fix it for Pocket IE please? :)

Did you perchance hack the user agent string to be something other than the standard Pocket Internet Explorer user agent? I'm not getting re-directed with my XDA, which is why I ask...

Jorgen
11-01-2002, 07:31 AM
The formatting for PPC screens is cool.

However, I sometimes use my PPC via public WLANs and would like to be able to read the messages! Please put a link to the forums or stop testing for browsertype until you are ready.

Jorgen

Pony99CA
11-01-2002, 11:35 AM
I can view the site just fine using both Mozilla 1.1 and Pocket Internet Explorer. The latter redirects me from www.pocketpcthoughts.com to www.pocketpcthoughts.com/pocket/index.php (which I'm assuming is the desired action).

Steve

Mr. Anonymous
11-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Yay, all those pretty new banners and colors are back when viewing the site with Chimera! Thanks for not neglecting us Mac fans Jason! :)

Gerard
11-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Well, I have tried a number of possibilities in my registry, but cannot get Thoughts to send me to the mobile page. Pocketnow does, automatically, as do pPCp and a few other sites. Hotmail doesn't now. Did a few days ago. I don't know why, but a few things have gone weird in my registry this week. PQView lost the ability to see folders, making browsing for images impossible. Turns out there was nothing left in it's 'CurDir' string, so adding a '\' fixed it. µBook is acting weird too. Seems something I'm running is corrupting stuff, when I'd been thinking at first this Thoughts problem was Jason's, then suspected my own tinkerings.
Could someone copy out their whole intact HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent key set and send it to me? I didn't think to make a copy earlier, and it seems even PHM's site doesn't quite list the whole default set of data. Thanks in advance if someone obliges.

Jason Dunn
11-01-2002, 06:48 PM
However, I sometimes use my PPC via public WLANs and would like to be able to read the messages! Please put a link to the forums or stop testing for browsertype until you are ready.

Two things:

1) We don't have a mobile version of the forums ready yet, which is why there's no link.

2) If you want to get to the desktop version of the mobile forums, just click on any of the DISCUSS links on the mobile version, and you'll be taken there.

So I don't see how this is a problem to be honest. :?