View Full Version : Sync with two PCs on an iPaq

cessquill
10-31-2002, 11:26 AM
OK, I know it's not great, and I've almost got my data around to a state where I can live with having work data on a home machine and home data on a work, but does anybody have a solution to the following...

Many appointments at work are arranged using the meeting request feature in Outlook. When I syncronise data from there to my home PC it starts trying to recognise all the people in these meetings (and asking who is this?). Is there any way around this, or do I not use the iPaq for the main reason I got it?

I have to say that, although there were even more connectivity problems, my old Psion invented the Personal Assistant wheel a whole lot better than Microsoft (continuous alarms, timed tasks, birthdays showing number of years, little things like that...).

All help greatfully received, thanks. :)

Adam
11-08-2002, 06:23 PM
The only way round it I've found is to have the work contacts on the home machine. I use categories to separate them out so don't find it too obtrusive, and it has helped me to work from home every now and then.

The annoyances about the alarms and reminders can be solved with third party software, as is the way with MS products :roll: They'll probably add that stuff later and kill off the revenue streams those companies have...I guess it'll keep them on their toes, but some VB tools companies have felt like they're in this situation... :onfire:

(How convoluted was that inclusion?)

cessquill
11-09-2002, 04:13 AM
Thanks for that Adam - I'll see what I can do. Being a corporate environment all people are listed in the Global Address Book and not in my Contacts - do you know if this is going to be a problem?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but once I commit to a sync for real there's no going back, if you follow... :?