View Full Version : HP Releases Keyboard Driver Updates for 3800/3900 iPAQs

Ed Hansberry
10-29-2002, 08:30 PM
<a href="http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/16236.html">http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/16236.html</a><br /><br />The MicroKeyboard driver has been updated and includes the following changes:<br /><br />• Fixes serial port ActiveSync connection when keyboard driver is active. <br />• Fixes keyboard operation within the Terminal Server window. <br />• Fixes issue where Backspace was key typing an "h" in ICA client terminal window. <br />• Fixes Funtion keys when Caps Lock is ON/OFF.<br />• Adds support for iPAQ H3900 Series. <br />• Adds compatibility for the Micro and Foldable keyboard drivers when install on the same unit. <br />• Installation will automatically remove previous install driver. <br />• Audible sound to indicate keyboard connection. <br /><br />An updated <a href="http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/16232.html">Foldable Keyboard driver is available</a> as well and fixes all of the same issues except the Function key issue above, which apparently wasn't broken. Source: Racer-X

Iznot Gold
10-30-2002, 12:15 AM
The second issue driver had caused four mis-mapped keys on my Ipaq 3870 & folding keyboard (probs that this release doesn't mention fixing - & that weren't present in the original driver!). I installed this version a few days ago and it sorted out the mis-mapped key prob which had been so irratating me.

dhoward
10-30-2002, 04:17 AM
Ed,
Prior to this, I found that I have to use v1.60 with my original Targus Keyboard and my 3955. I use the keyboard adapter from datanywhere.

I'm wondering if this new revised version will work with the above combination. The prior v1.62 would not.

Txs
david

Ed Hansberry
10-30-2002, 05:25 AM
Hm... I use the standard Targus/ThinkOutside driver with my Stowaway and 3900.

avoglio
10-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Any idea of how to change the pre set application shortcuts like CONTACTS to other apps like POCKETINFORMANT ?

Yes, I know how to set up Fn+X but I would like to use the printed keys for those apps. Are they hardcoded or in any registry/textfile ?

Pony99CA
10-30-2002, 03:06 PM
The MicroKeyboard driver has been updated and includes the following changes:

• Audible sound to indicate keyboard connection.

Well, the new driver seems to work fine. I installed it, and it seems to have removed the old driver (at least from Remove Programs). The keyboard appears to work fine, and I can sync with the keyboard driver active.

However, I don't hear any sound when I connect the keyboard. I even went to Sounds & Notifications thinking they might have added a Keyboard event, but nothing new was there.

Is anybody else not hearing a sound? If you are hearing one, what is it?

Steve

JF in Detroit
10-30-2002, 03:37 PM
Thank you for the post, had you not posted this update I would have missed it.

:D PS., I do like the new look of PPC Thoughts much better than the old look -- now that I am a little more familiar with it.