View Full Version : MS Outlook Problem

web docta
10-28-2002, 03:37 PM
MS Outlook Problem
I just installed a new WD Special 80GB /8MB cache hard drive in my rig and I reformatted and reinstalled all my apps. Everything works great except I have a little problem with Outlook!
There are six contact folders in Outlook ( three are not showing up in the folders list ). When I hit the address book icon to select a name, I get an error because the default address contact folder contains nothing and I can't see it in the folder list to delete it!
I tried searching the MS 's Outlook site but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem there. It seems that they only have answers for the obvious stuff.
After I get the error box it allows me to select another folder where I can select a valid contact list but it's a nuissance having to go through the extra steps

ironguy
10-28-2002, 05:27 PM
When you mention hitting an icon, which icon are you hitting? Is it in the shorcut bar? You may have an icon (really a shortcut) to a nonexistent folder. Try deleting the icons in the shortcut bar, then right click in the shortcut bar area. You'll see a list of theings you can add such as groups or shortcuts. Try to add a shortcut to the contacts folder.

Other questions...
Do you have 6 contact folders? Is that the way you set up your Outlook stuff? You really only need one (IMO). If you want to separate your contacts, try using categories. Then you can select different views.

Hope this helps!