View Full Version : syncing excel

DAlexander
10-28-2002, 12:19 AM
Short of buying Intellisync (too many $$$), is there any other way to sync Pocket Excel with the desktop version?? :?

Steven Cedrone
10-28-2002, 12:46 AM
ActiveSync... :wink:

But seriously, what are you having problems with???

Steve

DAlexander
10-28-2002, 12:53 AM
Maybe it's because I'm new to the PocketPC thing,( I'm a recent Palm convert!) but I can't find anything about syncing Excel in the list of 'to do' items in the ActiveSync window. :?

daninnj
10-28-2002, 01:50 AM
In ActiveSync, click the "Explore" button and drag the excel file on to the desktop of the desktop computer...visa versa for desktop to Pocket PC.

OR

In ActiveSync, click "Options", check "Files", click "OK". Then sync. After, I think on the desktop, there will be a folder called "Pocket_PC My Documents" (changes depending on what you name your ppc). You can get documents that were on the ppc from there, or you can place documents you made on your desktop computer there, and ActiveSync will sync them onto the Pocket PC.

DanInNJ

Janak Parekh
10-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Turn on File Synchronization in ActiveSync. Go to Options and put a check in Files. This will create a folder in My Documents (with a corresponding shortcut on the desktop). Now, while you're synced (or otherwise), feel free to drag files (including Excel files) in the handheld documents folder or out of it, or edit directly in it, etc. Overall, works well. There are some minor glitches in esoteric conditions, but it's a lot nicer than equivalent Palm functionality. It'll convert most common filetypes back and forth seamlessly.

You can also drag files directly to/from the device through My Computer, Mobile Device.

--bdj

DAlexander
10-28-2002, 04:51 AM
Thanks! It worked! :D I'll get used to this PPC thing yet!!