View Full Version : T-mobile starbucks unadvertized locations

CoreyJF
10-26-2002, 07:43 PM
I found out today quite by accident. Had my wifi card in my ipaq at starbucks. That in Maryland at least some starbucks have working t-boble hotspots even though it is not listed as operational yet. I logged on to t-mobles site signed up for a prepay 2 hour account and was up and running in minutes. There not listed as active yet but working in Stabucks at cabin john mall in Potmac, MD and Wildwood in Bethesda.

Jorgen
10-26-2002, 10:22 PM
Isn't that about $20 for 2 hours? I admit I love to sip-and-surf at Starbucks, but $20 is $20. Maybe I am a cheapskate? :(

Jorgen

CoreyJF
10-26-2002, 10:25 PM
yes, but I wanted to test it first. The have subscription plans as well. I am at Starbucks a lot. If I find myself using it I will look into those

Jorgen
10-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Well, it is good that there are pioneers like you, prepared to pay what it costs. Otherwise the world would never see niceties like sip-and-surf. Us common mortals will just have to wait until the prices come down.

We have two Starbucks with WiFi in London, UK, both free to use at the moment. Starbucks gains as well: I happily go the extra mile (literally) to Fleet Street to get my coffee. I have even got used to scroll around in IE.

Jorgen

sub_tex
11-04-2002, 08:21 PM
What they should do is offer it for a buck or 2 over your purchase price.

That would rock.

Buy a coffee for $3 and tell the cashier you want net access as well. She gives you a login good for 2 hrs and charges you a total of $5-$6 for the coffee plus the connection.

THAT i'd pay for.

Jorgen
11-04-2002, 08:54 PM
I'll second that.

FredMurphy
11-05-2002, 05:03 PM
I'll third that. But with Starbucks coffee prices what they are it should really stay free. :) Benjy's do a HUGE tea for 50p.

Jorgen
11-05-2002, 10:51 PM
>Benjy's do a HUGE tea for 50p

Ah, so it's sip-and-AvantGo instead of sip-and-surf for you?
I have actually been happy with that for years coming to think about it.

Jorgen