View Full Version : Group of Old notebook computers for sale.

ECOslin
10-26-2002, 04:57 AM
I've got a five old notebook computers, I'd like to sell or trade for a couple of SD cards.

None have entirely stripped for parts.

Gateway2000 Handbook, subnotebook HB486DX2-40 works intermittantly, starts sometimes.

Dell Latitude 433mc, works, 200mb hdd can handle higher.

Notebook computer brand 486 DX4-100mhz with no hard drive, I believe works. Both Notebooks have no harddrive or harddrive carriage, I had found another brands one and had been using it, I may have sold it. Uses a common design locking harddrive insert. If I find it I'll include it.

Notebook computer brand 486, same, upper screen video, possible cable problem, no hard drive, (loose, non-attached, memory card inside 12mb).

TI Extensa 510, Pent 100, no display, I remember it working with external monitor, floppy, battery, hard drive installed.

These are good for Linux stuff like firewalling, or Photo framing, seen those, you take the LCD loose and put it in a picture frame and hang on a wall or on a desk with the base portion hidden behind in a box. I've seen some that were stripped down to just a motherboard, hdd and lcd.

I paid $50 or so apiece for playing with them and repairing and selling 6 out of 25, these 5 are what I've got left. I've got power supplies for most or maybe all of them, two notebook hard drives(Toshiba MK2103MAV 2.1gig, and a Toshiba MK1301MAV 1.3gig), most still have chargable batteries and I have another battery to throw in.

Can someone give these forgotten veterans of a foregone technological era a home. Give me an offer, or I'll trade for SD memory cards, two 128s or a 128 and a 64. I can figure out shipping, unless you're local to Richmond, VA, where we could just meet.

Edward

ECOslin
11-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey, I'm willing to sell some of these individually for shipping plus as little as $20!

Edward

jet8810
11-23-2002, 08:29 AM
hmm...whats the specs on these? ANy links for em? How upgradable are they as far as ram and hard drives go? I am pretty interested! Thanks!

ECOslin
11-23-2002, 11:45 AM
The specs are pretty basic, 4mb or 8mb ram upgradeable to 16 or 48mb. Hard drives are upgradeable to 1.2 or 2 gig. I can throw in 1.3 and a 2.1 gig notebook drive as extras.

Minimalist, great for dos/win98/linux. Hard drives loadable by floppy or remove the hard drive and use a notebook drive to ide cable adapter to load on a PC. Or you could use a parallel scsi cd rom drive or Zip drive to load whatever.

Edward

ECOslin
12-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Units given to friend for target practice. No sale.

Edward