View Full Version : Which Device Would You Purchase?

Monty Gibson
10-24-2002, 05:11 PM
I currently have an XDA from T-Mobile. However, what can a SmartPhone do that my XDA cannot do and vice versa? Can the SmartPhone in essence do everything that my XDA can do? Which one would you buy right now (in the United States of course) and why? Why would you purchase the item you chose?

`helios
10-24-2002, 11:59 PM
I voted for staying with a High End PPC and a Phone...

Just to create a little conversation, the reason I chose this was because I think it would be way too cumbersone to walk around with a PDA as my phone. I carry my 3970 around with me every where I go, but when I'm out pubbin', I don't want to haul it out to make a call. the XDA's and new iPAQ's definately have a new advantage, but personally, I would rather have my iPAQ and a BT phone. I can have a phone, have a PDA, and still be able to surf the net, check email, etc...

The only thing I would change about my 3970 is the integrated WIFI (assuming it turns out better than the e740) and more internal memory....

Just some Thoughts

Brad Adrian
10-25-2002, 12:22 AM
...what can a SmartPhone do that my XDA cannot do and vice versa?
Without getting into too much detail, it's probably best to think of the devices this way:

The XDA is primarily a PDA, with full Pocket PC functionality, and secondarily a mobile phone.
The SmartPhone is primarily a mobile phone and secondarily a PDA, with pared down PIM and application functionality.