View Full Version : Pocket Hotmail 2.1 made a mess on my iPAQ! Ugh!

Wackyman
10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hi, guys, I need some helps here. I just bought the latest version of the Pocket Hotmail (v 2.1) and it is really unstable. It froze my iPAQ at least 10 times during the first 24 hours after I bought it and one of the crashes was so bad that I had to hard reset the whole darn iPAQ~!

I did follow the aurthor's instruction to uninstall the prior version ("hotmail add-on") before installing the new version. I even went into the registry to manually clean out anything that looked ramnant of the prior version. No use, freezes up like crazy.... But that's just one of my worries... During my manual registry clean up, I think I accidentaly removed some entries that I was not suppose to touch: Now, my Inbox application font looks really big and a new SMS option in Inbox showed up for no reason and couldn't be removed. (I used to only have ActiveSync as the connection option if I did not install a third party add-on such as Hotmail add-on).

I know I made a boo-boo but for those of you w/ a kind heart, can you post the registry entries under My device/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Microsoft/Inbox/Options and ..../Inbox/SyncServiceProviders? (or the entries right under ..../Inbox/SyncServiceProviders/SMSText if you see one)

and finally, stay away from Pocket Hotmail 2.1, it's so unstable!

Willy

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wiggin
10-25-2002, 02:41 AM
I know I made a boo-boo but for those of you w/ a kind heart, can you post the registry entries under My device/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Microsoft/Inbox/Options and ..../Inbox/SyncServiceProviders? (or the entries right under ..../Inbox/SyncServiceProviders/SMSText if you see one)

Willy
There are no registry settings on my 3850 for .../Inbox/Options
For .../Inbox/SyncSerP there are two entries
1) DLL value mailtrns.dll
2) TYPE value ActiveSync
No entries for .../SMSText
Cheers