View Full Version : Hotmail Log In Failure on 3835

zack
10-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Hey Guys,
Gotta a problem with my 3835 :evil: when I go to hotmail, I recieve a page that explains that my browser no longer supports hotmail. It talks about secure connections and cookies. The cookies are enabled, don't know about the encryption though, never could get it to work on the WL. However, I called compaq and talked to a nice young man with an arabic accent who had no clue how to operate the 3835. He was entirely the most unhelpful person I've ever encountered. But he was nice to me. His name is Joseph. Pronounced yo-sef. Don't call him, unless you just want to chat. Aaaat anyrate, other than that let me seeeee. any of you guys out there cool enough to have changed your targus keyboard to the dvorak layout? Popping out the little keys was tricky, all you need is a tooth pic though. Later,

PS

When will I be able to download that update with windows media 8.5. It seems that it's been released, they're just draggin @$$ on getting it out there.

Zack

Joseph
10-25-2002, 08:00 AM
I've had that same issue. Register your ipaq with the msn mobile site.
http://mobile.msn.com/

Afterward I then save that site as a favorite.

That should fix it. News is MSN/Hotmail will eventually be availiable for offline use, so I guess they are in the middle of changing things and hence the error your getting.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Joseph :roll:

gracar
10-30-2002, 08:24 PM
I had this problem and downloaded a piece of software that sorted the problem. I seem to recall that I became aware from a front page posting some time ago - perhaps someone can remember. It only costs $5 (it was $2 with a discount code). Details from my Handgo order...

PRODUCT: 44651 - Pocket Hotmail
Quantity: 1
Price: $5.00

PRODUCT SUPPORT: [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Graham

Steve
11-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Yup - this sounds very familiar! This problem started for me about 3 weeks ago. I just get the "Browser Requirements" page with nowhere else to go. I logged a query with the MSN helpdesk and have had numerous requests for more information. Eventually they just told me to clear the cache on my 3850. Problem continues.

I've gone down the http/mobile.msn.com/pocketpc route and whilst this allows me access to my Hotmail inbox it only seems to load the message headers. There must be a switch that I need to set to get the message text itself. And on, and on, and on.........

How did I pass the time before I discovered the frustrations of the iPAQ?!