View Full Version : ActivSync Problem.

berzins
10-19-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi Guys. I am hoping you may be able to help me with a problem.

Long story short is that I am trying to fix a iPAQ for my father (3850), and have never seen this problem. Basically I can not sync with ActiveSync. I originally thought it was the PC and the OS needed re-install anyway, so I did that first. Then after re-installing ActiveSync it starts to sync, says looking for changes, then errors out with:

Synchronization cannot be completed. Disconnect your device and try again. If the problem persists, see the Microsoft ActiveSync Troubleshooter in the ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer.

The problem here is that you go to the help, one link does not work, and the other gives you help on version 3.1. God I love Microsoft!

I've tried two computers with the same result. As far as I can tell there are only two areas I have not checked yet. One is the sync cable or the iPaq itself. Normally I would just hard reset the unit, but of course we do not have a backup of all the data on it. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? Is there something I can look at in the iPAQ itself? Config file I can blow away? ANYTHING?

If someone can give me a little help I would be greatly appreciated!

Dave...

torring
10-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Try to delete your partnership at try again, creating a new one.
This carries the risk of dublicating contacts and tasks, but with the newer versions of Activesync it has not been a problem for me (it checks for dublicates).

leeraud
10-19-2002, 06:35 PM
I actually had the same problem with my 3850. I had to actually do a hard reset and then set up with activesync as a new user!!!! If all fails, try that. However note that when I reinstalled my backup, it would not sync again so save docs etc somewhere else first.

yvilla
10-19-2002, 07:29 PM
Don't know if this will help you, but I have a workaround for the same message (but I also get error messages concerning Outlook. There is apparently something weird about my Outlook installation). Anyway, if I put my PPC in the sync cradle with Outlook not open, it will fail and give me that message. If I remember to open Outlook first--I can sync with no problem :!: