View Full Version : Synced E-mail never goes away

Paul Martin
10-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Sorry if this has been covered anywhere, but I've not seen it. My synced e-mail doesn't disappear. I have had it set to sync the last 5 days of e-mail. I apparently mis-understood and thought that it would only keep 5 days of e-mail.

So, what do I need to set to make it do just that? Thanks! (I have a Jornada 567, Activesync 3.5 Build 12007, and Outlook 2000.)

Paul

j1guitar
10-22-2002, 11:38 PM
I havethe same settings on a jornada 568 and my e mails on the ppc only date back to the 17th ( today being the 22nd) which seems about right

the only difference here is that i am using outlook 2002 so it could be a 2000 thing

jftr outlook ( on the pc ) will keep all your e mail unless you set it up to archive or delete it after a set period

not a lot of help but might narrow it down a bit
:?

Paul Martin
10-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Hmmm. It seems like that used to work on my Outlook 2000/CE 2.0 device. Perhaps I need to upgrade to 2002.

Yes, I was aware Outlook itself was keeping all of the e-mail. I confess I had WAY TOO MUCH e-mail in my inbox! :roll:

I'm wondering if it's time for a reinstall of AS anyway. Interesting note. I pulled all of the e-mail out of the main folder. Then, I put an old e-mail back into the main folder. It did NOT sync it. But, once it's on the PPC, it doesn't remove it. Oh well!

Thanks for the reply.

Paul