View Full Version : Question about e-mail in the PPC PE and SMS

mclaughlinc
10-13-2002, 02:15 AM
Since SMS messages are sent using the e-mail client. Is there a way to switch between profiles without having to canel the message and go into the e-mail client and select the other profile?

What I have seen is if I send an e-mail from my companies account and leave the e-mail client without changing anything. Then from the PPC Phone software try to send an SMS message it tries to send the message using my Companies e-mail account.

Also SMS I noticed that the number comes up in the message not the name of the person (who is in my address book) I don't know about all of you but I am a save to speed dial and preprogramed numbers. So most phones number I don't even know.

Is there away around this?

Thanks,

Corey

Russ
10-14-2002, 03:49 PM
If you mean can you switch between say ActiveSync mail and say an ISP mail or SMS within an email the answer is yes. When you create a new email to the right of the subject line are two downward pointing chevrons. Click this and it drops down to reveal areas for CC/BCC subject etc but also for Service. Click the downward arrow to the right (but to the left of, the now upward facing, chevrons) and a drop down list box will appear listing the services installed. i.e. ActiveSync SMS etc. This tells the client where and how to send this message. Obviously if you address an email as an SMS or SMS as email they will fail but it works if you do it right.

As for the other bit the number coming up, my XDA has the same problem which I hope will be fixed in the next service release - which it desperately needs (do you here me O2/T-Mobile et al !!!!)

Hope this helps,
Russ