View Full Version : Pocket PC Easter Eggs

WillyG
10-12-2002, 02:14 AM
Almost every application and operating system got some kind of easter egg goodies build in and hidden somwhere. But i can not remember hearing of any in Pocket Pc 2000/2002. Is there any known candy in there? (small or big)

WillyG
10-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Huge responce :lol:
Guess this means there is no such thing, or that they are simply unfound.
If the latter, there is strange noone has found it. Based on the number of reads (over 200 at this time) there is a lot of inquisitiveness tied to this.
People actually invest time to find them in desktop aplications. Weird some funny bugger havent taken a week off work just to go treassure hunting in his/her Pocket PC just to find the hidden gem, hehe

ironguy
10-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Probably the reason for lack of response is that the Easter Egg, if it exists, has been thoroughly looked for. Dale Coffig even had a contest on PocketPCPassion some time ago. The only egg ever found was the one in Solitaire and I don't think anyone counts that one.

Keep looking though. If you find one your name will become well known in the Pocket PC Community!

MaestroXTreme
10-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Easter Eggs? What are you guys talking about?

WillyG
10-14-2002, 08:10 PM
Dale Coffig even had a contest on PocketPCPassion some time ago.

Oh i must have missed that one. Maby it was when i was on the other side of the PDA fence. Rather short trip tho :)

Keep looking though. If you find one your name will become well known in the Pocket PC Community!

I agree. Keep looking. This is your chance to become rich and famous. If you find it, they will put up a bronze-statue of you in front of Pocket Pc Thoughts headquarters, labeled "The guy who found the egg" on the pedestal. The birds will love it. And they will sell small bust of you wich tourists can buy and set on their fireplaces, keeping them reminded of this great deed.... :wink:

spursdude
10-14-2002, 08:15 PM

easter eggs of an operating system are almost like cheats in a video game. random little stuff....like in windows there is some sort of easter egg where you drag your curser on the clock map from one point to another and you get all of windows' credits.

i can't believe nobody has found a pocket pc easter egg.

WillyG
10-14-2002, 08:24 PM

Well, originally Easter eggs were painted with bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring and were used in Easter-egg rolling contests or given as gifts... what? Dont believe me? :P

Ok here is the real meaning (as eeggs.com defines it):
"The term "Easter Egg", as we use it here, means any amusing tidbit that creators hid in their creations. They could be in computer software, movies, music, art, books, or even your watch. There are thousands of them, and they can be quite entertaining, if you know where to look. A couple of our favorites are the "Spy Hunter"-like game in Microsoft Excel 2000 and the "Wacky Search Menu" in Internet Explorer 5."

And not surprisingly, they are on DVD's too.
If that triggered your curiosity, here is a few links with recipes on how to find them

http://www.eeggs.com/ (Borrowed the definition from here)
http://www.eggheaven2000.com/
http://www.dvdeastereggs.com (only DVD's)
Now, off you go :). But hey come back and tell us if u find the cool one on your Pocket PC (That includes Pocket PC applications in general)

Peter Foot
10-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Keep looking. This is your chance to become rich and famous. If you find it, they will put up a bronze-statue of you in front of Pocket Pc Thoughts headquarters, labeled "The guy who found the egg" on the pedestal. The birds will love it. And they will sell small bust of you wich tourists can buy and set on their fireplaces, keeping them reminded of this great deed.... :wink:

A bronze statue that the bird love, we all know what birds do on bronze statues.... :wink: