View Full Version : Travel Recharger?

keithnet
10-12-2002, 01:55 AM
I have a Compaq iPAQ 3635 (US) and i'll be traveling to France later this month for a 10 day business trip.

I'll need some way to charge my iPAQ daily.

Any suggestions on what I should pick up?

Thanks!
-Keith

BevHoward
10-12-2002, 03:17 AM
First, almost all power supplies now automatically handle voltages from 100v-240v ac... read the fine print on your current charger... if so, all you will need is a plug adapter, available at Radio Shack and many electronic stores.

A 12v->5v adapter will be an asset as most airlines have 12v connectors... Radio Shack again including the "airline connector to cigar socket" adapter ($15) Call the airline and confirm that your seat has a connector and request a change if not... the flight crew may not know where the connectors are ;-)

Anthony Caruana
10-15-2002, 05:39 AM
Another option is to buy a USB Charge and Sync cable (I have a Belkin one) The one O bought comes with a car cigarette lighter to usb convertor so that I can charge my iPaq (3850) in my car

Hope this helps

Sven Johannsen
10-15-2002, 03:34 PM
A 12v->5v adapter will be an asset as most airlines have 12v connectors... Call the airline and confirm that your seat has a connector and request a change if not... the flight crew may not know where the connectors are ;-)

Am I just flying the wrong airline? Only place I've ever seen the outlets is business class and forward. Never in coach. Asking for a seat change to plug in my PDA/Laptop, didn't impress the agent unless it was accompanied by a credit card ;)