View Full Version : Battery Pack 2002 THE best-seller?!?

Hugh Nano
10-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Does anyone really believe that Battery Pack 2002 is the top-selling Pocket Pc [sic] software on Handango? Why doesn't Handango do something about this obvious abuse of their rating system? It is more than a little annoying--and all the more so now that it appears so prominently on the front-page of my favorite, most-frequently-visited Pocket PC web-site! :x [/i]

Adam
10-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Do they mean "within the last X days"? Certainly the supposed best selling music and book charts are for the last week. In which case then it may well be true - newly released software will *tend* to predominate the list.

Malacandra
10-11-2002, 01:30 PM
They had a sale on it last week at 50% off, so maybed they got a lot of sales on it.

Hugh Nano
10-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Do they mean "within the last X days"? Certainly the supposed best selling music and book charts are for the last week. In which case then it may well be true - newly released software will *tend* to predominate the list.

True, but this has been the supposed "top seller" for many, many months now.

j1guitar
10-11-2002, 09:26 PM
well checking out handango gives a total >90,000 downloads to date
compare this to about 44,000 for af

more of a mystery to me is why pocket streets 2002 has suddenly appeared: this update has been out for ages and who wants to buy a load of unreadable maps anyway (at least the britsh ones, not enough streetmap detail and all roads the same colour no railway lines or rivers blah blah blah etc )
now the download total for this is about 1400 which seems to indicate that they are compiling the list on a daily or weekly total

or maybe they're just making it up (who knows)

btw are the download figures for items that have been actually bought or just trial downloads, who knows, whocares anyway

just my sixpence ha'penny worth guvnor

j1guitar

Sven Johannsen
10-12-2002, 01:52 AM
more of a mystery to me is why pocket streets 2002 has suddenly appeared: this update has been out for ages

This is not an update. It is a full version of Pocket Streets 2002, which previously was only available on the desktop product CD. Does alude me why anyone would buy Pocket Streets when it comes free on Streets and Trips for about the same price, without which you can't cut custom maps. :?: