View Full Version : What's the difference?

stitics
10-10-2002, 06:00 AM
Maybe I am a moron...and, admittedly, I haven't devoted a lot of time to determining this, but, what is the difference between Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion? I have seen some things developed in one, but presumably not the other, but, fundamentally, what is the difference?

Malacandra
10-10-2002, 01:12 PM
It is simply a matter of style and look. Both have many of the same features:
-Alarm notes
- Links
- Various calendar views
- Enhanced Contacts screens
- extra Task prioritizing, etc.

One does more than the other and vice versa. Best bet: put both on your machine and try them. I think they're a month trial each.

Better best bet: Get PenAgenda: www.penandinc.net It's a very clean program with some nice features coming in the next version.

mccollin
10-10-2002, 01:20 PM
I agree with the other entry.

If you want to upgrade to something other than the lame calendaring and contact management that comes with a PocketPC, then these are the two most logical choices to try. You really have to try using them to determine, and they keep coming out with powerful (and free) upgrades for their users so I periodically check the other out again. I trialed them both and found Pocket Informant to be the best fit with me... but it's very personal so you have to try. PI's calendaring style matched the way I work better. One big difference that I wish PI would look at is Today Screen integration. AF does more in that area. Try 'em.

Adam
10-10-2002, 05:17 PM
How well do they sync with Outlook? Also, will I get a load of duplicates the first time I do a sync?

Malacandra
10-10-2002, 06:38 PM
How well do they sync with Outlook? Also, will I get a load of duplicates the first time I do a sync?

100% FINE. No duplicates.

That is because they just use the Outlook databases. Same data. Different look.

dunneldeen
10-10-2002, 11:08 PM

100% FINE. No duplicates.

That is because they just use the Outlook databases. Same data. Different look.

Not just a different look. They also include a lot of enhancements to allow you access and use that data much more efficiently. Both are also very customiseable, something that Outlook seriously lacks.

Adam
10-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Thanks. I guess that was fundamentally what I was asking. I shall check them out.

WillyG
10-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Better best bet: Get PenAgenda: www.penandinc.net It's a very clean program with some nice features coming in the next version.

:idea: Hmm, havent noticed this one earlier. Looks nice and clean (just the way i like it). Ill check out the trial