View Full Version : SmartPhone 2002

MattPatty
10-09-2002, 02:40 AM
:!: :!: I am so @#$% tired of waiting for the Microsoft Smartphones. If they dont come to market soon I may be forced to go with the new palm phone that should be out next month if its color and is os5. Anybody else tired of waiting post here. :wink:

JonnoB
10-09-2002, 04:36 AM
:!: :!: I am so @#$% tired of waiting for the Microsoft Smartphones. If they dont come to market soon I may be forced to go with the new palm phone that should be out next month if its color and is os5. Anybody else tired of waiting post here. :wink:

The Palm phone devices are more like the Pocket PC Phone Edition models. If that is what you want, there are several choices now for Pocket PC devices. If what you really want is the SmartPhone, then Palm won't cut it for you and you should still wait. Others are anxious too.

davidwsica
10-09-2002, 06:28 AM
I agree, the wait for a Smartphone 2002 has become unbearable. I have been drooling over the Sendo Z100 for I don't know how long. Yes, there are Pocket PC "phones" available right now but do I want a T-Mobile device that doesn't have bluetooth, has only 32MB and no SDIO capabilities? I don't think so. All I want is an integrated PDA/Phone with decent memory/expansion capabilities and bluetooth for my wireless headset! Is that too much to ask...I guess so. My latest wish list include the B-Square Maui but who know when that will come to market. Looks like my best options are the upcoming Ipaq 5000 models or maybe the Sendo???

JoeBen
10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
You are right on about the features that I want. I am tempted to get a T-Mobile HTC but am worried about all of the software problems that have been reported. I also want to make sure that it works both in the US and Europe. The sim switching on the T Mobile is is great but they may lock you out from putting in other sims. Do you have a link to the B-Square Maui?

davidwsica
10-09-2002, 11:23 AM
What is the "sim switching" that you are referring to? Here's a link to the B-Square Maui info:

http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=2312

Enjoy!

scrinch
10-09-2002, 11:29 PM
As I see it, the Smartphones are more phone-centric in their designs than the Pocket PC Phone Edition devices. Both the Samsung (i500) and Kyocera (7135) phones that have Palm OS's have fairly phone-centric designs. The one advantage that I see to these phones over the MS Smartphones is that they have two additional input modes (the touchscreen or the graffiti pad for e-mail?). The cost for these options is not too great in IMHO in terms of size. In the case of the Kyocera, you may be able to use the SDIO slot with Toshiba's new BT card with your BT headset.

These phones are for use on CDMA 1x networks, however, and the MS Smartphones are for GSM/GPRS networks. So coverage in your area may preclude using one or the other of them.