View Full Version : Dell Pocket PC 'Clemente' Images & Specs

fyiguy
10-05-2002, 07:23 PM
PocketPCTools has just found some images of the new Dell PocketPC from a Powerpoint presentation from PDAFrance

http://www.pocketpctools.com/images/dell/dell1.jpg

Barry from PocketPCTools:
"I saw these images a while back, but could not post them. Finally, here are images from a Dell presentation on the new Dell 'Clemente' Pocket PC."

Specifications include:
Pocket PC 2002 Premium (whatever that means)
185 grams
130 x 80 x 17 mm
JogDial
Intel Xscale PXA250 400Mhz or 300 Mhz
3.5", 65K color Transflective Screen
64MB RAM, 48MB ROM (or 32MB RAM and 32MB ROM)
1 Compact Flash type II Slot
1 SD Slot
Removable 1440 mAh Li-Ion Battery
USB cradle with second battery charging slot
Accessories:
BlueTooth card
WiFi Card
2nd Battery
Snap-On Keyboard
Foldable Keyboard
etc. the list goes on...

For more images on the presentation head over to PocketPCTools (http://www.pocketpctools.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=220) where there are addition specs and views of all sides and the cradle can be seen.

This looks to be a very Happy Holiday!!!:D

msprague
10-07-2002, 03:48 AM
My Maestro is starting to get jealous. 8O

ThomasC22
10-07-2002, 08:30 AM
Hard to tell right now, It's kind of weird looking but I'd like to see a finished product (this is obviously a photoshop mockup, possibly an official photoshop mockup, but not the actual product just the same).

ThomasC22
10-07-2002, 02:53 PM
OK, I didn't click on the link, now that I've seen all the specs all I can say is

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

Still no screen cover. <sigh>

johncruise
10-08-2002, 08:20 AM
I hope that the quality is not like the same with their PC (or at least the ones that I am using). :P

dochall
10-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww Shucks.

Very close but no cigar.

I really like the jog dial, user replaceable batteries and the extra charging bay.

I had really hoped that they would have at least one wireless tech included. I don't mind paying the extra. I would prefer BT and then swapping the WLAN card for voyager, etc. when required.

Hopefully though this will do well and then will start shipping a premium product.

kagayaki1
10-08-2002, 12:09 PM
It is curious that the IR is no where to be found...

It's got all the trimmings of a Dell device. Accesories to boot! Even a foldable keyboard!

fyiguy
10-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Yes it does have an IrDA port. It also has a built-in speaker and microphone, and headphone jack, which is pretty much standard Pocket PC specs, so I didn't list it. Sorry for the confusion.

It also has 2 LED's- I can only speculate, one is for activity to and from the PPC and the other is for connection... since it has a backlit power light. Any other guesses??

I am sure it will come with some sort of cover or case hopefully a flip lid like on the Jornada besides the "custom jacket" accessory.

Rob Alexander
10-10-2002, 01:47 AM
I doubt you'll be seeing wireless in the sub-$300 market anytime soon. What I do like about this is that it's the first recent PPC that actually has a bit of style. I've been amazed watching new model after model coming out with plain square dimensions. In fact, looking at the specs and photo of this, it's the first recent one I would consider replacing my iPaq with. Now if only it had a 4" screen!

Jorj Bauer
10-10-2002, 02:38 AM
Barry from PocketPCTools:
"I saw these images a while back, but could not post them. Finally, here are images from a Dell presentation on the new Dell 'Clemente' Pocket PC."

Specifications include:
Accessories:
BlueTooth card
WiFi Card

Now that's fascinating. I had a talk with a Dell rep a couple of weeks ago that was trying to push these on my organization (after having seen me with my e740), and he claimed that they had WiFi built-in. I wonder if he had it wrong, or if by "options" they mean "this might be built in and there are different models available"?