View Full Version : Is there such a product for PocketPC 2002 ???

pradike
10-04-2002, 03:04 PM
:? There are several utility programs out there that show both the connection speed and a "transmission signal icon" when you use your desktop computer to connect to anything via a modem.

As of now, I have been searching for some time without success to find something like that for PocketPC. Ideally, it would display in the "tray" area, much like Calendar plus.

While you are told that you have a connection, it does not tell you what your connect speed is, nor is there any display of data transmission like there is in the lower right corner of the desktop in Windows.

Is there such a product for PocketPC, and if so, where?

THANKS in advance for your help fellow PPCer's!!

Jason Dunn
10-04-2002, 05:41 PM
This is what you want - it will monitor any connection (from what I've been told - I've only used it to monitor my GPRS speeds)

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=43793

joparp
10-09-2002, 08:14 PM
I'm using this software as well to keep track of my GPRS service usage and charges.

:lol:

pradike
10-14-2002, 08:50 PM
:? Thanks...

But I'm looking to monitor data transmission & determine connection speed via a regular V90 Pretec modem. If I use my Socket Phone card, it tells me the connection speed, and has an indicator for both send & receive modes of the connection. Any desktop using dialup has this standard as well. There is, however, no such thing for the PocketPC that I have been able to find.

In going to the recommended WEB site, it addressed GPRS services, but not anything for a modem connection.

Thanks in advance for any other recommendations.
:wink: