View Full Version : Um, need help again!!

pb_pup
09-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Hi, I own a Casio E125. I download Applian's Virtual Wallet and installed it on my PPC. I tried to save by moving Applian's folder to my flash card and reassigned its link through the launch button. Though all was well until I turned it off then on again. I keep getting a 'Cannot execute VW.exe' message that pretty much makes the Cassiopeia hang. When I soft reset it, the message appears four times and I pretty much can get things done until I turn it off then on again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling virtual wallet but I still get the error message. I've unistalled all the auto start-up programs like gigabar but I still get the damn error message... HELPHELPHELP. Is there anything I can do short of removing the batteries because I really do not want to re-install everything I've put in the PPC.

spursdude
09-30-2002, 12:07 AM
hm....you just moved to program folder? although you changed the links, i suspect that there is more tied to that specific location (ie registry entries and such) that depend on the program folder being where it was originally.

you've probably already tried this, but have you just put the folder back where it was originally?

or you could delete the program from startup - i think it's in windows/startup.

pb_pup
09-30-2002, 01:35 AM
Tried putting it back in its original folder but no dice...

The thing is, the proram was never included in the startup folder.

This is what confuses me, Virtual wallet would only launch if you launched it manually. When I moved the folder to my storage card, I THINK the PPC is trying to start the program when I turn on the PPC. Like somehow it got itself included in the autoexec protocol...

Weird...

Thanks for the suggestions though.. :(