View Full Version : Power button wont turn off on Toshiba e310

SrlKlr
09-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My power button does not turn the device off anymore, yet it will still turn it on. I expereinced somethign similar when I first bought the unit (except it would not turn it on either) and returned the unit for a new one. It has been working fine, but for some odd reason I cannot turn the damn thing off (have to wait for the automatic turn-off). Anyone heard of or experienced this before?

Thanks

minwang
09-29-2002, 12:01 PM
yeah! me too. It's a real pain. Its happened once before; had to hard reset it to get it working again, but now it's happened again. Just putting my detective hat on; but did you have urs set to switch off in the cradle? and did you regularly take it without switching it off? perhaps this has got something to do with it; does anyone know of the correct "no-screw-ups" procedure to taking the thing out the cradle?

SrlKlr
09-29-2002, 10:42 PM
I have nto changed any defaults such as powring off when its in the cradle. Periodically, I will turn it off whie its in the cradle and I take it out all the time (on off whatever), just not when its synchronizing. I have going to do a hard reset after I finish backing it up. Hopefully that should fix it too.