View Full Version : Pocket Streets for Palm ?

cjbrant
09-28-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi
I need to upgrade my old Palm, but I do like the maps you can make from AutoRoute which work on WinCE PDA's. Does anyone know of any software that lets me use these maps with the Palm OS. I really would rather stay with Palm, but Pocket Streets which I have does seem tempting, but not WinCE.

Any ideas ?

Thanks....
Chris....

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2002, 01:40 PM
This is a question best asked at a Palm site, not a Pocket PC Site.

You should go to PDABuzz or Brighthand...

That being said, let me tell you this: I changed over from Palm to Pocket PC two years ago, and I would never consider going back to Palm. What is it about Pocket PC's you don't like? I'd be willing to bet we have quite a few "converts" here that would love to try to convince you to take a second look at Pocket PC...

Steve

BTW, I think it's doubtful you will ever see Pocket Streets run on a Palm device...

cjbrant
09-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks Steve
I do like the extra battery life with Palm, and don't want to recharge all the time. There are more applications and a few I cannot find suitable replacements for in Pocket PC, and the Palm OS does seem to be more reliable. Otherwise Pocket PC would do...<gg> and I thought there might be more users here who may have an answer.

Chris.....

ti2gr
11-23-2002, 03:09 PM
I just converted from Palm to Pocket PC. Only been a week so far but I am beginning to like the Pocket PC better. I was using a Palm for almost 4 years, the latest being the m505. There are some programs I still haven't found suitable replacements for yet, but I know in time I will find them. My main concern tough is the battery life, although when I think back it ws a rare occasion that I didn't top off the batteries daily since I ususally put the PDA in the hotsync cradle/charger overnight anyway. :o

Just my two cents

cjbrant
11-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanks for that. I am still dithering but have got the Sony NR70V which is very good, but I still would like the street maps and the Palm Software does not seem to be as good for this. Otherwise the transistion was very easy and everything works well. I might get round this problem by getting an Ipaq with NavMan for my wife's car and solve both at once.

Chris...