View Full Version : USB Hub/reader

jim s
09-27-2002, 02:41 AM
Has anyone seen a USB hub and memory reader/writer (with at least CF and SD slots) device? I would prefer not to have too many devices cluttering my desk - as if it was neat or something! Seems like this would be a logical combo device.

nightline
09-27-2002, 05:52 AM
Just this past weekend, I bought the Sandisk SDDR-73 (Imagemate Dual Reader). It is a very small device that was cleverly put together.

The unit is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and has about a 4" usb cord that tucks in at the bottom of the device.

It is PERFECT for travelling. It also comes with a longer usb "extension" cord that you can always leave connected to the desktop PC. I take mine with me with my work laptop so that it is always accessible.

I have the T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition (SD card) and a Canon S200 Digital camera (CF card), so it is the perfect combination.

Here is a link to the Sandisk website featuring the device.

http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/dualslot.asp

:lol:

Brad Adrian
09-27-2002, 12:48 PM
Also, if you're trying to cut down on the number of peripherals and cables you've got on your desk, just yesterday I saw in a TigerDirect catalog a combo USB mouse/card reader. You just pop the card into a slot in the mouse. I'm not sure if I'd ever want one, but some people might.