View Full Version : 3835 + Avantgo = sleepy time

bluevolume
09-26-2002, 07:50 PM
I just picked up a 3835, and I've found AvantGo to be a real dog, much worse than on the 3670 that I previously had. I am waiting anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes for the screen to come up, and sometimes when backing up from a channel to the main screen I have to wait again. What gives? I have a suspicion that is is looking for the network, and it waiting for something to fail.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks,
Blue

ntractv
10-03-2002, 04:46 PM
I don't think that has anything to do with the device being connected. I add/delete channels at my job without my device being connected (I snyc at home only) and have the same problem with Avantslow. I think it's their servers. OOOPS, just got what you were really asking. Forget answer above. Anyway, I too have that problem. Sometimes if I do a channel refresh the problem goes away for a bit, then sometimes it doesn't. Maybe your opin is correct.

wm5051
10-03-2002, 11:28 PM
Make sure you have the most recent version of AvantGo on your device. Go to tools and about and check your version number with the one on the site. https://ami.avantgo.com/mydevice/software.html

Also make sure you are running only one or two accounts. The more accounts you have on the device the more time it will take to open.

Anytime after I sync it takes about 5-10 sec for the home page to load on my Toshiba e740, but after that initial load, the wait time is minor.

tccox
10-09-2002, 12:28 AM
On my 3835 I sync two accounts, both subscribed to max. Takes a minute or two to sync but then 5 seconds or less for home page to load. I tried Mazingo also but that took about ten minutes to sync, was really un usable.....

Sheynk
10-13-2002, 04:44 AM
I dont know if its a device issue but on my 3955 mazing loads in less then 2 seconds. Maybe its xscale. Avantgo is a bit slower, but still is always under 5. Do you have any other apps open at the same time ???