View Full Version : needed software for the Pocket Phone Edition

Hank Scorpio
09-26-2002, 03:59 AM
I think that the software called stretch that I had for the Treo was a great piece of software for a PDA/phone, it shut the radio off at a certain time, and turned it on again in the morning or whenever you wanted it to. It saved the battery life of the Treo by... alot, I kinda miss it now that I have the T-Mobile, I find myself wishing there was a Pocket PC version. While we're at it, I think the caller ID with pictures would be a great little app, specially in colour and with our superior ringtones... wish I was a programmer.

smittyofdhs
10-31-2002, 12:24 AM
I think that the software called stretch that I had for the Treo was a great piece of software for a PDA/phone, it shut the radio off at a certain time, and turned it on again in the morning or whenever you wanted it to. It saved the battery life of the Treo by... alot, I kinda miss it now that I have the T-Mobile, I find myself wishing there was a Pocket PC version. While we're at it, I think the caller ID with pictures would be a great little app, specially in colour and with our superior ringtones... wish I was a programmer.

can't help on the stretch but here is an app for caller id photo....

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=5642

mty
10-31-2002, 12:34 AM
what the xda needs is a theme switcher that will randomly pick a new overall theme that includes: theme, ring tone, email tone, and sms tone

For example, when I turn it on it could pick the stevie ray vaughn guitar theme, w/the associated wav guitar riffs, or the kid photo theme w/associated recording of "dad, get the phone"

Who's up for this one?

Yoonoo
12-02-2002, 06:20 AM
Hank, PhoneSnooze is your answer :D

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&productId=49015

http://web.phonesnooze.com:888/Images/SS_MainEn.gif

Mr. Pink
12-04-2002, 07:55 PM
I've tried this software and REALLY like it. But I also started to use the password at the same time... so if the device is password protected, then Snoozer won't work for whatever reason.

I would like to see some enhancements to it though.... it would be great to have the program be able to read the datebook entries and silence the phone during meetings. I know this doesn't really save battery life, but it would be a convenient feature to have.

Mr. Pink

JonnoB
12-04-2002, 09:50 PM
what the xda needs is a theme switcher that will randomly pick a new overall theme that includes: theme, ring tone, email tone, and sms tone

For example, when I turn it on it could pick the stevie ray vaughn guitar theme, w/the associated wav guitar riffs, or the kid photo theme w/associated recording of "dad, get the phone"

Who's up for this one?

This sort of exists already. Try RPA Thememaster.... but no ring and email tone - just visual theme.

Yoonoo
12-05-2002, 12:24 AM
I've tried this software and REALLY like it. But I also started to use the password at the same time... so if the device is password protected, then Snoozer won't work for whatever reason.
Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink what device are you using? I have the password protection enabled on my T-Mobile PE and PhoneSnooze works with no problems.