View Full Version : Earbud

nightline
09-25-2002, 05:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I bought my PPC Phone Edition just this past saturday (9/21/02), and of course I am loving every feature of it.

I was a little curious about the button on the earbud though. I checked the manual, pressed the button during different functions including the phone and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else have this same issue, or do I have a defective button on my earbud?

Other than that, the earbuds sound quite nice. As I typed this note, I am listening to a nice selection from Blue Man Group.

I am a previous Jornada 568 user, and so far the only 2 things I miss are really not that big a deal at all.

1. Placement of jack for earbud/headset (cannot use while in cradle)
2. Placement of SD card (I prefer transferring files directly to the card using a usb reader/writer)

Other than that, I love the product, and very pleased that I upgraded. I am looking forward to contacting PPCTechs about the 128mb upgrade. My boss did it, and I have heard great things about it.

Take Care

Brad Adrian
09-25-2002, 02:54 PM
I don't have my T-Mobile yet, but with other phone devices that button is usually for disconnecting a call and initiating the dialing screen for a new call. Try that and see if it makes sense.

Chronos
09-25-2002, 05:45 PM
It connects to an incoming call or disconnects from a call.

Isaac
09-25-2002, 06:28 PM
I will have to check again, but all mine seems to do is mute the mic. It would not disconnect the call, or answer one for that matter.

sullivanpt
09-25-2002, 10:01 PM
This is poorly documented indeed!

Trial and error for me says:
holding it down mutes the mic.
pressing it while the phone is ringing answers the call.

Enjoy.

nightline
09-26-2002, 03:12 AM
Well, in that case, it looks as if I have a defective button on my earbud.

Hmm, after reading that, maybe I should take a trip to the doctor instead. Anyway, thanks guys, I will check into replacing it.

Chronos
09-26-2002, 03:37 PM
I didn't know about the mute capability. I'll try all three again in the next couple of days to confirm (answer, hang up, mute).